Is this a realistic goal

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 6:42pm
via Android

Can I lose 80 pounds in less than a year . If I'm working out 5 days a week twice a day and dieting

07 Mar
Yeah it's possible, On average I think a person can expect to lose between,1-2 lbs a week so you fall into that range if you stay really consistent.
07 Mar
SURE!keep focus,work hard,eat clean.Always love yourself!
08 Mar
Heyy Sheena..mind your own business!! This is the place where we motivate each other!! Stop being pathetic!!!
08 Mar
You guys Sheena is a troll
08 Mar
Make sure to report Sheena to abuse@skimble.com. Even though I've never received a reply from them when I've reported something, but better to do it than don't.
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 8, 2015 12:54am
via iOS
That's quite an optimistic goal.  It's doable, but ou're going to have to be exceptionally deciplined.  I think half of that is more reasonable. What is you're starting point?  Age?  Height?  Weight?  Calorie goal?
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 8, 2015 1:00am
via Android

Don't diet, just eat clean as a lifestlye.

08 Mar
That's very true! And try to eat five times a day but smaller amounts.
11 Mar
Yea I've been healthy snacking throughout the day
1926753_1376172179327806_1062836109_n_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 8, 2015 2:09am
via Android

Hating on her unique make-up? ?? Pathetic.  You are cute...and gone do this thing girl.

11 Mar
Thanks Erin :)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Mar 8, 2015 4:03am
via Android

To be honest, for most people, no, it's not a realistic goal.

It's totally possible, sure, but most people would fail, even though there is no actual real reason why anyone couldn't do this. It's all in the mind.

We are creatures of habit, & we naturally resist change. Even if you want it, your mind will tell you lies that make you think you are "changing your mind" or that it is, for some reason, impossible for YOU to do, when really it is your subconscious resistance to change.

If you stick with it, & keep coming back after setbacks, you will make progress, guaranteed. Don't let setbacks make you feel defeated, that is your mind paying tricks on you, trying to convince you to give up.

All you gotta do is keep making progress, no matter how small. A lot of times small progress is the kind that will actually stick and be a true life change.

08 Mar
Agree. Also while losing weight most people reach plateaus that might have them on a standstill for several months, in worst case. Even though it's possible to lose 1-2 pounds a week, you need to take into account that you probably won't lose that much every single week. Personally I wouldn't set a time goal because of the risk of not reaching it. Or I would be really realistic, having a goal of losing say 20 pounds in a year. The slower a weight-loss is, the bigger chance it will stay off permanently.
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 4:31am
via iOS
It's completely possible but you'd have to be very motivated and dedicated. I'd start with setting mini Weightloss goals and go from there celebrating every 5-10 lbs lost.
11 Mar
Yea you are right and I need to start celebrating even 5-10 pound lost because I have a bad habit of not doing that and just overlooking it because it's not my final goal
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 7:00am
via Android

I think that everything is realistic if you want it to be.So,it's just in your head,don't need our approval,you can get only support. You can do it girl!!

11 Mar
Thanks Katrina for your support

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51