Quick question

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 3:40am
via Android

U think I can still lose weight if I don't eat really healthy stuff but drink plenty of water and at least 1 hr of exercise

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 6:39am
via Android

To loose weight you need to eat less than you burn won't matter much if it's healthy or not as long as the weight loss is concerned but if you want to be healthy and take care of your body than you'll need to eat healthy which is just awesome

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 9:57am
via Android

If you simplify it there's no difference in eating 1500 calories of McDonalds or 1500 calories of vegetables, unprocessed foods and healthy fats. The difference is that the McDonald's cals won't keep you full for long and you really don't get any nutrients, it's mostly empty calories. With that said, no, you don't have to follow a super-healthy food regimen slavishly. It's not even adviced. Even the fittest people on here have cheat days when they eat whatever they want. The rest of the week though, they stick to healthy food.

So it's completely up to you. Do you want to just lose weight or do you want to be healthy AND lose weight?

11 Mar
Well said Anna! Many people think they need to exercise to lose weight but its just a nice bonus (aesthetics, strength building, cardiovascular health, etc.). Your diet is essential because it is the foundation for your health. What I put inside my body has become way more important to me than what I do to the exterior of my body.
11 Mar
Exactly. There are so many weird misconceptions around on working out and losing weight. People are too concerned with their weight and not enough concerned about their health.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 1:06am
via Android

Thanks for the advice you guys it helps keep me on track

11 Mar
You're welcome. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51