Body fat %

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 6:47pm
via Android

My other half and me got out body fat % done today. Mine was 24.6 is this average? whats my best way to tone up and reduce it to 20%?

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 7:37pm
via Android

Average for a woman is about 26.5.
Reducing it requires a better diet coupled with increased exercise to maintain a calorific deficit.  This will cause you to lose weight

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 7:42pm
via Android

Is it better to have protein after exercise?

12 Mar
Yes. That's the way to go
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 8:01pm

Eating protein after exercise is only necessary if you have worked your muscles to failure. The burning sensation that you feel in your muscles is the result of tearing muscle tissue. Protein and water are requred for your muscles to repair themselves.

If your goal is to reduce body fat percentage then I would recommend being very strict in your diet by reducing your carbs overall in favor of fats and protein and staying active, especially focusing on strength training over cardio. Using a calorie tracking app is very helpful with this. By reducing the amount of carbohydrates you consume, your body is then forced to use its reserves. If you don't exercise and keep your muscles working then your body will go after your muscle tissue first.

Good luck!

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 1:00pm
via Android

Mine is 21%. I think that's due to genetics for me though.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51