Losing inches off the waist must be the hardest part?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 20, 2015 7:05am
via iOS
Hey everyone,
Just a question about losing the inches off your waist. I feel like it's the absolute hardest thing to do. I've been losing weight consistently and overall everything is going great.... Except for my waist. It seems to take the longest time to lose an inch. Maybe I'm just being a perfectionist, but I want my waist to be as close to 24 inches as possible. I realize it might not be possible for my body, but I am an hourglass shape so it wasn't too high to begin with. Does anyone have any tips or exercises for losing inches on the waist? Short of wearing a corset, is there anything that will work fairly fast? I do eat a healthy diet of the high protein/low carb and no sugar variety. Any tips are appreciated, thanks :D
20 Mar
I am going through the same thing. I am loosing weight everywhere except the Belly and the love handles :(
20 Mar
Fat depots at the waist are usually the most stubborn. The body seeks to burn fat first where it's the easiest and fastest to access. And what these fast and slow (emergency) depots are, lies in your genetics. You can only keep on eating healthy and working out hard. You will lose it from the waist also eventually
20 Mar
It is but if you work at it it's worth it just eat smaller portions you will be just fine
20 Mar
It seem hard cause it happens slowly.. You never lose fat from one spot. And when your waist fat decreases it happens around the waist not only the belly.. So it doesn't be obvious until you loss more than 5 cm or more at least.. Anyway, be patient and keep going.. It happens maybe within month or 3 month.. Depend on your activity.. For seeing it fast .. Walk 30:45 minutes daily on us treadmill. Make incline at 1 percent at least.. Keep going and make it harder.. Challenge yourself.. It's just walking.. For more you can make interval hiit...
20 Mar
I already exercise everyday, I alternate between cardio (1 hour on elliptical) and strength training. The crunches seem to be helping, I can definitely feel the soreness especially the obliques lol. And portion control is not the problem, I probably don't eat enough actually but I only eat when actually hungry. Thanks for the replies everyone! Good luck with your goals!
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 20, 2015 2:06pm
via Android

"Eat smaller portions" is lousy advice. Smaller than what? A lot of people, especially women, already eat too little and eating even less won't help at all. The solution might actually be eating more.

Start logging your food intake with e.g. Myfitnesspal if you're not doing it already. Calculate your optimal calorie goal (see the post Want to lose or gain weight by Scotty K) and find a macronutrient ratio that works for you. Mix it up and try a few different approaches for the first weeks to see what works for you. Make sure you eat enough and don't starve yourself.

As Matthias points out, belly fat is unfortunately often the most stubborn. Keep going and don't give up!

20 Mar
Thank you so much for your help! In all honesty, I'm just probably being impatient haha. Slowly but surely, as they say. It's better for your health not to lose too much too fast. Thanks again!
21 Mar
You're welcome! And I know the feeling, you're eager to see results where you want to see them. Make sure to appreciate what you've gained with the rest of your body too and give yourself kudos for that!
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 6:02am
via Android

Hi I really want to lose weight 10kg is my goal..but as you said my major problem area is my waist..I have started crunches but..I want to know what other excecises to do to lose weight

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 7:22am
via iOS
Crunches are great for strength training and toning, but cardio is just as (if not more) important in losing weight. I would recommend running or using an elliptical machine every day to start out with. That's what I did in the beginning to start losing the weight and getting back to shape. Good luck to you!!
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 21, 2015 11:49am
via Android

You have to control what your putting in your body. I've been meal prepping and working out consistently and it is slowly coming off.  I eat 5 smaller meals a day and have actually lost weight.  Portion control is everything and you have to make yourself eat.  Watch your sugar intake cut out breads and stick getting your carbs from meats like chicken and lean ground beef and rice such as jasmine.  I hope this helps !! Good luck :)

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 9:44pm
via iOS
Yep, I don't eat breads or sugar. I don't have time to eat small meals a day, I just eat whenever I'm hungry. Only healthy foods though. Its definitely working, and fairly fast. I'm just impatient with the inches. Thanks for your replies!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51