Gettin slim

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 24, 2015 1:22am
via Android

I've been prepping for spring break for a few months now and gaining tons of muscle in my legs, arms, and torso but that isn't really my main goal. What I really wanted to do was just get skinnier, and I don't know how to fix my diet/exercise routine to help with this. Any suggestions?

24 Mar
My advice for you is just run miles each dag, trust me i got leg muscle and you could say something like a 6 pack
24 Mar
You sweet
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 3:32am
via Android

Try to go for steady state cardio. Jogging or biking for example. At least 4 days a week, at least 40 mins.

Go for weights before these cardio sessions, light to moderate weight, 25 to 30 reps, 3 sets. This will make the muscles tighten wile not bulking up. Go for the biggest muscles on your body, which is legs and bum mainly.

When done with weights (muscles should feel sore) you should have emptied your sugar depots in your body. NOW hit the cardio. Body will start burning fat pretty fast.

Also check your intake: are you burning more than you consume? Remember that 1kcals of fat equals 7000 kcals to be burnt and that 1 hour of tough cardio will burn around 600 kcals. See that it will take some time...

Good luck!

24 Mar
Agree a combo of cardio and weight lifting. Cardio is great for your heart, circulation and endurance. Weight lifting will work and activate muscle groups not used in running. The more muscle groups worked the more calories burned.
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 4:19am
via iOS
Matthias, are you sure those numbers are correct?  That would mean that you would need over 11 hours of intense cardio to burn a single kilo-calorie of fat consumed...  That seems a little high to me
24 Mar
I think it's just autocorrect. 1 kg of fat = 7000 calories.
24 Mar
I meant 1kg of fat equals 7000 kcals to lose (and about 9000 kcals 900 for gaining) - just typo :-)
25 Mar
Makes much more sense that way. Loud and clear!
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 2:52pm
via Android

Your liver stores energy, which your body uses before it starts to use the fat, so you should not eat something before running.

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 10:44pm
via Android

Like to the creep comment haha

25 Mar
Yep, made me look twice too

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51