POLL: Fitness Trackers

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 11:12pm
via Android

This is a poll to see which fitness tracker you use and why. Example: Fitbit, Jawbone ect... Which one do you use? What do you like? What do you wish was different? Are you syncing to ios or Android? I am considering purchasing one to keep track of my stats. I am on an Android device.
Thanks

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 2, 2015 12:10am

My wife and I are using a Jawbone Up. It's not big and looks more like a bracelet, which I like. I connect it with Android (Samsung Galaxy S5) and it works perfect.
Though the last update changed the colours of the software, now it looks more like a game. It's a question of taste of course. When they changed the icons and colours of the iPhone, I also didn't like it.

I'm happy with mine and it works fine. Just my wife sometimes has troubles, either it didn't count the sleep correct or the battery was low after 3 days, it didn't stop flashing...
Since last update it's working correct again. Don't know if they changed something or if it was by accident.

As it doesn't have a screen, you have to connect it to your mobile phone to see your activities. You have to know if it's ok for you.

I also say, the calories aren't correct. You add your weight and some other things and it says how much you burn. For me it's too low, but as I don't have to take care about my calories, it's not important. On the other hand, the calories you burn during your workouts are too high. For example, my weight is 70kg (140lbs) and when I do intense running for 1 hour, it says I have burned 850kcal - which is too much. Though you can say how hard your training was and if you play a little, you get the right value.

One battery charge lasts for 8-9 days. I charge it once a week.

If you have any questions, just ask and I will answer:)

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Apr 2, 2015 12:16am
via iOS
I have the Vivofit by Garmin. It does have a screen and tells you your steps, how many you have to meet your goal, miles stepped date and time. You can get it with or without a heart rate monitor mine is without. It syncs to both OS I have the iPhone. I like it tho I would like the sleep thing that the Jawbone has better.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 2, 2015 12:20am
via Android

Thanks Heiko! I'm torn between the fitbit charge hr and the jawbone up3. I've heard the up3 has sensors more developed and updates will come later to tap into the full abilities. Of course the fitbit has a display for time. And I could replace my wrist watch with it.

02 Apr
up3 isn't available in Germany yet, so I can't say anything about it. Though what I read about was good. Lol..also was torn between these two, then got a great offer for 2 jawbone (both the rate of one) and my decision was made:)
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Apr 21, 2015 4:21pm
via Android

You can get the best of both worlds - the Jawbone Up Move.  It's display is more like the Misfit, giving you the time, progress and mode indicators (which is what you liked about the Fitbit).  And, you get the awesome Jawbone app (which I still think is best with the smart coach and variety of apps to sync with).  It's not as robust as the UP3 (you won't get the smart alarm or heart rate monitor and it's not waterproof), but it's served me well over the past 6 months (and there's no recharging - the replaceable battery lasts about 4 months).  Best yet, they sell for only around $40.

...just some more food for thought.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51