Is bread really that bad?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 5:17pm
via Android

So lets only focus on bread made of whole grains and spelt bread.
(We all know white bread are empty calories right?)
Is it really that bad to eat bread on a daily basis?
It keeps me fuller longer and I can't stand oatmeal/muesli in the morning...
Let's open this discussion

07 Apr
Yes. Even 'healthy whole grains' turn into sugar in your body. The key is moderation; it won't kill you to have some every once in a while. But you will find that the less bread you eat, the easier it is to lose weight and be toned. Following a high protein/low carb diet is probably the best thing you can do for weight loss. I highly suggest you read Wheat Belly. It's very interesting!! Good luck on your journey :D
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 5:24pm
via Android

You need whole grains. Bread isn't bad. It will only become a problem if you eat sweet bread all day and don't workout.

06 Apr
So working out 6 times a week and eating 5 slices of bread a day isn't bad? That's great! (I kinda love bread :P)
06 Apr
The bread I eat us 80 calories, 1.5 g fat, 18 g carbs, and 4 g protein. What is bad about that. If your keeping track of your calories and or macros you will know how much bad you can afford lol
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 6:16pm
via iOS
Don't forget wholegrain wraps.
Throw some eggs or chicken in there & you've got a powerhouse snackĀ 
06 Apr
Eggs and chicken scotty, eggs and chicken
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 7:00pm
via Android

Try matzo bread ;-)

06 Apr
That's delicious :D Okay so in holland we sometimes eat maltzo bread with butter and brown sugar on top (yes yes I know, I don't eat it but used to as a kid).
06 Apr
Yessss! We celebrate Passover and did this with butter and brown sugar on Friday night! Lol, I do them in egg batter with vanilla in the morning like French toast :-) the world must know about this!
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Apr 7, 2015 9:10am
via Android

I think bran bread is full of fibre.there should not be any problem to take it on daily basis.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51