Diet diary

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 11, 2015 6:30pm
via Android

So my other half has started a diet. Well, I made her one. She has to lose some weight and I thought I'd help. I'm using a book (Fast diet), the internet (pinterest) and Scotty K's diet as a guide. I've never done this before and it wasn't easy but I've planned in a week of food. I made her go get the ingredients for every meal and we started this morning. I say we, as for motivational purposes, I'll be having the same meals. With extra cakes, as I really don't need to lose weight.

I thought I'd log here what we're cooking/eating, in case anyone's interested. I have all the recipes and I might even try to add pics within this topic, if I can figure it out. My goal is purely to help her through this.

This is a low calorie diet (1200 calories a day) and will only last 2 weeks. Every week, there will be a reward.
Week 1 = cinema date. Week 2 = smoothie maker.
After these 2 weeks, the calories will go up again. We're thinking 1400 but I want to see how things go, what's gonna be best. I don't want to do anything silly. Any advice will also be very, very appreciated!

So...

Day 1, 1199 cals

Breakfast: plain porridge with fresh raspberries (240 cals) + 1 glass of cranberry juice (10 cals) and 1 black coffee

Lunch: gammon salad, home made (320 cals) + 1 black coffee

Snack: strawberry and granola yoghurt, from Greggs (214 cals)

Dinner: vegetable lasagna, home made (415 cals)

Drinks: on our way to 3 litres of water

So far so good! She's also gone swimming for 45 mins as part of the required daily exercise. We're looking to do more cardio workouts but both have a gammy knee at the moment (could be something in the water).

11 Apr
Not Scotty's diet, his topics! Which are all very informative!
11 Apr
Lol, good job it's not my diet coz I'm on on 3100 cals!! Good luck with it Janna : )
11 Apr
Ugh scotty, I had to edit it 3 times and it kept rearranging everything!
11 Apr
It'll get easier over time. Any help needed just ask Erin or me. Plus I know what to buy in the UK!
11 Apr
Thanks scotty, appreciate it!
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 12, 2015 5:02pm
via Android

Day 2, 1130 cals... (Space for another light snack in case the hunger comes back later on)

Breakfast: porridge + raspberries, one small glass of cranberry juice (240 cals)

Lunch: vegetable risotto, home made (364 cals, bloody delicious)

Snack: strawberry and granola yoghurt, greggs (214 cals)

Dinner: broccoli and bacon clafoutis, home made (309 cals)

Drinks: lots of water and less black coffee. Hot orange before bed.

So we've come across a slight problem in my food diary but we're sorting it. She works different shifts every couple of days, which makes it hard to either have lunch or to have dinner. So we're adjusting what she's having when, and we have to really think about whether we prepare something on the day or beforehand. But with our 2 brains out together, we're managing!

There has been no exercise yet today... Someone is complaining their arms hurt from swimming. Always excuses! I'm not a fan of excuses so she will be forced to do some light cardio with me later.

12 Apr
Gotta get the blood flowing to help with the soreness... Get her lazy ass up!
12 Apr
On it Scotty!
13 Apr
Eventually, we did 4 mins of high knees (8 rounds of 20 secs), 4 mins of dumbell weights and 2 mins of crunches. 10 mins all together and I saw to it there was no slacking. Gotta start somewhere!
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 13, 2015 6:43pm
via Android

Day 3, 787 calories...

I'm So fed up with cooking already...

Anyways

Breakfast: yeo valley plain yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries (159 cals)

Lunch: light chicken wrap, homemade (258 cals.. Although we used tortilla wraps instead of pita bread)

Snack: 2 x Alpen light summer fruit bars (70 cals each)

Dinner: tagliatelle with mushroom (230 cals)

Drinks: lots of water, a couple of black coffees, a glass of cranberry juice

So the calories are very low today. I've informed the other half and I'm guessing she will find something to eat at work to make up the 400 cals. I hope so anyways. This is the hard part though, it's all good and well to think up some foods, but over a full day, you need to get the right amount of everything in. Therefore more research is needed on my part as I didn't think to add up the calories beforehand. Lesson learnt!

Tonight I have prepared tomorrow's lunch, dinner and snacks. Because obviously I have nothing better to do. Did I mention I hate cooking?
Ah well, anything for love

14 Apr
Someone did exercise all by theirselves! I'm so proud! She repeated what we did on day 2, except shadow boxing instead of weights.
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 8:23pm
via Android

Day 4, 1008 cals

Breakfast: yeo valley plain yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries (159 cals)

Lunch: sautéed rice with vegetables, homemade, 2 portions (267 cals x 2 as dinner is very light)

Snack: a couple of linseed cookies, home baked (140 cals)

Dinner: spicy chicken breasts, home made (175 cals)

Drinks: water, black coffee and some cranberry juice.

Someone also did lots of garden work this morning.. Feedback so far is that she's enjoying the diet and isn't feeling hungry at all. Which is surprising, considering the low amount of calorie intake. I'm hoping to have a very active day with her tomorrow.

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 3:28pm
via Android

Day 5, 1150 cals...

Breakfast: Yeo valley yoghurt, granola, blueberries and mixed red berries (220 cals)

Snack: fruit pot with yeo valley yoghurt and pomegranate seeds (180 cals)

Lunch: salmon fillet with roasted veg, home made (300 cals)

Dinner: low fat shepherd's pie, home made (450 cals)

Drinks: Water, black coffee, cranberry juice

Exercise: 45 mins swimming

+ 2 extra light snacks (linseed cookies) as someone's working the night shift and they're feeling a little weak today.

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 4:23pm
via Android

Day 6, 1140 calories...

Breakfast: plain Greek yoghurt with granola and mixed fruit (220 cals)

Lunch: gammon salad, home made (320 cals)

Snacks: 3 linseed cookies and 1 Alpen fudge bar (250 cals)

Dinner: low fat shepherd's pie, home made (450 cals)

Drinks: water, black coffee and cranberry juice

Exercise: none, due to night shift and lots of sleepage

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 4:29pm
via Android

Day 7, 1155 cals...

Breakfast: muller light Greek style strawberry yoghurt with granola and mixed fruit (220 cals)

Dinner: vegetable risotto with salmon, home made + bigger portion (786 cals)

Snack: handful of salt and vinegar tyrell's crisps (149 cals)

No lunch today as she was asleep most of the day after night shift.

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 4:33pm
via Android

Day 8, 1170 cals...

Breakfast: strawberry yoghurt with granola and mixed fruit (220 cals)

Snack: summer fruit Alpen bar (70 cals) + linseed cookie (75 cals) + possible custard tart from greggs (255 cals)

Dinner: caesar salad + chicken, asda bought (550 cals)

18 Apr
You're really doing fantastic Janna. Be proud. She'll get there slowly but surely with you supporting and on her back when needed!!! For someone that hates cooking you're also doing some great food. I'll let you know when I'm coming over yeah?lol
18 Apr
I do like to eat the food hadi ;-) but thank you!
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 19, 2015 8:06pm
via Android

Day 9,???  Cals...

Breakfast: strawberry yoghurt with granola and mixed fruit (220 cals)

Lunch: soy chilli chicken flatbread from greggs with black coffee (285 cals)

Snack: strawberry ice Cream (I don't know the cals but it was a seaside treat!)

Dinner: leftovers night... Lean Turkey steak with roast veg and sweet potato mash

Exercise: 45 mins swimming + lots of walking in the sea air!

Lovely day today! And we've booked a pilates class for tomorrow. The plan for this week is more exercise!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51