Lowest of the lower abs...

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 16, 2015 5:02pm
via Android

Hello, my name is John. I lost over a hundred pounds in a year, but one thing is bugging me. No, I can't share a pic of it. Its just below the waist of what's considered decent.

That little patch of fat on the front of the hip bone, between the top of the legs. A couple months ago, my abs were showing, I was looking great, but for that one spot. I seems no matter what I do, or even how many reps, I can't get rid of the fat above my...yeah. That.

Is there a slightly different muscle group than Tue abs that works that spot, and of so, what exercise should I be doing?

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 11:00am
via Android

It's not that uncommon for men to have a mons pubis or whatever it's called. Our genitals are developed in the womb from the same framework and the lines between what's female and what's male genitalia are somewhat fluent. We're all built differently. I don't think there are any particular muscles in that area, and the only way to lose that fat would be to lower your body fat percentage even more.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 2:40pm
Ugh...at my leanest I was down to 7%...and it still was there. Oh, and its not what you think it is...like, not a 'vulva', as it were...there is just a less than half inch thick layer there, evenly distributed from crease of leg to crease of leg to waist of jeans. It doesn't like, poke out or anything, and it's very squishy, has almost no resistance like most women's uhh...yeah, I am sooo uncomfortable talking about this. Especially in public. Lol. At any rate, a long ago/recently rekindled friend happens to be a trainer. He said to try um...not the best with descriptions, but basically like a combination of laying on my back splits and leg lifts at the same time. Like legs spread on the floor, and bring them up and together in the same motion. But other than that, same thing. Just a matter of body fat lowering. I got a long way to go. Currently at about 16%...hoping within six months to be at 8% or lower, though I'll settle for 10% in that time frame.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51