Help for the disabled?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 3:40pm
via Android

Are there any weight loss exercises out there for someone who is relatively weak due to auto immune and nerve damage. I need to lose the weight but most workouts are extremely difficult for me still that used to be easy for me. Even the beginner stuff.

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 3:54pm

I'm sorry for you, but love you've got the will to do something! Congrats

Check the casual ones without any equipment. Do what you can do, start easy. Can you walk? If so, start walking - slow and just a few minutes.
You also should talk to a doc, they can give you physio therapy and tell you which exercises are the best for you.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 2:44pm
via Android

You should consentrate on diet to start with, you can lose weight through that alone...

Set up a healthy food plan eating your allotted amount of calories spread throughout the day.

Exercise is a catalyst to fat loss, with nerve damage I wouldnt risk doing random exercises, I recommend you see your nurologist for an exercise plan.

Failing that I would hydro therapy at your local pool.

18 Apr
Matt is right. U can lose wieght alone by just diet. Take care
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 3:20pm
via Android

Ok so anyone got an idea of how many carbs I need at 31 vrs being shy of 300 lbs. And I'm starting pulmonary rehabilitation soon so that will help and I do walk  somewhat ok so that I do but I can only burn about 80 to 100 cal at a time with that and maybe only 2 to 3 time a week.

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 3:21pm
via Android

S health say just above 3100 cal but I feel that that's allot I've been eating about 1k

24 Apr
A man uses around around 2500 cals per day (varies) just being alive...creating a deficit to 2000 will allow the body to lose weight safely, mix this up to around 6 small meals per day so your metabolism runs consistently throughout the day and you shouldn't get hungry...mix of proteins and carbs there is no special ratio in fact some science studies says it doesn't matter at all. Eating only 1000 cals per day is not enough, if you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode storing as much fat as it can for future energy, it...
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 26, 2015 9:11pm
via Android

Ok ty matt c. I really appreciate your help. It's been a long time since I've worked on exercising lol so my info is a bit out dated

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 26, 2015 9:13pm
via Android

I just pulled of 1.5 miles wich is like taking down mt. Everest for me lol.....I am so happy for myself. I can't wait till I get to running again (if my dyskenisia will allow it).

27 Apr
Well done . Every race starts with the first steps!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51