OMG help

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 9:27pm
via Android

I've cut down my calories intake by 800. Therefor I'm having 1200 a day (800 less them daily amount a women should have) is this good to loose weight I've also cut out soda crisps chocolate ect ect Un healthy stuff and started eating healthy done this for 4 weeks or so with a few cheats days and lost some weight is what I'm doing ok

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 12:02am

No, it's not good. And how do you know you need 2000? Forget what they say on the signs, it's just a general number.

Google for metabolic rate at rest and you will find websites where you can enter your weight, size, age.
Find out how much calories you need and reduce max 20% or you will lose muscles!

Check this link: http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/resting-metabolic-rate-calculator.aspx

This is valid if you would sleep all day. If you're active, you have to add the calories you burn while being active.

18 Apr
Oops. Stupid phone didn't let me read the whole reply. Sorry H. Wasn't trying to over shout you. Ah well...more information the better
18 Apr
I think you didn't. Had to find the english term first before i could google in english, so posted and edited;-)
18 Apr
Thanks for this Heiko bro!!! :-)
18 Apr
Yw bro:)
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 12:06am
via Android

*Scotty K has a really good thread on this with how to find your specific caloric intake for maintaining/gaining/or losing weight.

I can't link it but let me find it and I'll bump it the top

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 6:32am
via Android

Pls i need to know too.

18 Apr
My caloroes is 1400 i only eat 1200 is this damaging
18 Apr
Do you want to lose weight? 1400 isn't much, are you sure you are over weighted?
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 10:12am
via Android

Because it's says on the back of food and in the health books 2000 is the calorie intake women need per day.

18 Apr
It's a general number and does not apply to everyone, since everyone's different. It's just a guideline. How many calories you should eat depends on your age, size, activity level etc etc.
18 Apr
For me for instance, my BMR is about 1500. I sit at a desk all day (apart from working out) so my maintenance level is not more than just below 2000. Since I want to lose fat, I eat 1500 a day.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 7:15pm
via Android

Oh I've bee  eating 1200 a day. .didn't realise it was bad

18 Apr
1200 for a woman is fine, if you're trying to lose weight. Your eating plan should be different if you're trying to build muscle. Log onto the CDC.gov website to get current and scientifically accurate guidance.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51