Working out before bed

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 4:35pm
via Android

Anyone able to work out before bed and still be able to fall asleep? If so do you still see the same results as you would if you worked out in the morning?

22 Apr
Yes you do have same results if you do the same work outs. It usually depends on the work outs for me
22 Apr
Did you have any trouble falling asleep afterward?
22 Apr
If i do at least a 30 mins work out i usually only have energy to shower then i go right to sleep. But anything under 30 mins i would have to much energy an wont fall asleep for at least a few hours
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 4:56pm
via Android

It sometimes takes me a while after a really good workout to get to sleep. My endorphins shoot through the roof. I'll usually eat and have a protein shake then take a nice hot soak to relax and wind down.
It mostly depends on the person and the workout but I'd say working out before bed is better concidering your body repairs itself best during REM sleep rather than while you're awake.
But that's just my opinion on the matter.

22 Apr
Now that you mention it, it really does make more sense to do it that way, as long as you CAN sleep.
22 Apr
Therein lies the hard part. A warm cup of tea, a high carb meal (I don't really recommend this though ), some nice relaxing yoga, a hot bath...things like that can help slow down the energy boost from working out enough to sleep. Read a book, write shit down...lol. once you figure out about how long it takes you to get to sleep plan around that. It sometimes takes me 2 hours to get to sleep, and HAVE to be sleep by atleast 3am. I make sure to workout and be finished by about 1130 or 12...by time I'm done...
22 Apr
Yeah I have to be asleep by 9 or 10 because I have to get back up at 1 am for work. ( I do the majority of my sleeping earlier in the day and get up around 6 then take a couple hours to nap before work)
22 Apr
Trial and error my friend. Trial and error. Experiment and find what works best for you
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 5:05pm

Everyone is different, but if you do a hard workout before bed, you can feel tired the other day. Your Body is so busy with repairing, that you might not relax while sleeping. If you feel good the other day, it's ok of course. Just try and find out

Image_thumb
196 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 6:47pm
via Android

No way ask I going to workout before bed, I actually study sleep for my profession, and you should have a routine that behind at least an hour before bed that gets your system ready for sleep.

Image_thumb
95 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 10:15pm
via iOS
I try to workout in the morning because it fits my schedule better.  I understood that the notion that working out in the evening disrupted sleep was a myth.  I heard it on an episode of Get Fit Guy podcast, and he usually has some science to back up his claims.  Clint, if you know better, than I don't have much of an argument.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 22, 2015 11:10pm
via Android

I usually workout between 9-10 at night and go to sleep with no problem around midnight

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51