Do you think its harder if...

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 5:06pm
via Android

Do smaller people have to work harder than people who weigh more to lose weight?

22 Apr
May i ask are you trying to lose weight an if so why?
22 Apr
Well, I'm at 130 ( fluctuates ), which is the beginning number of overweight for my height and age. I'm only 5"4 so it piles on pretty fast on a smaller frame. I don't want to let myself slip any further so I'm starting now to control it and get myself down to 115-120. My muscle has deteriorated to a minimum lol I have really just turned to squish. So I plan to tone muscle and lose weight. The one thing that lead me to ask was that most of the time a diet switch will make a world of...
22 Apr
I understand an see where you are coming from. I asked cause i do think your body looks perfect how it is but for the losing weight honestly not trying to be rude but i dont think you should. But its your body an i know everyone has an image in their head how they want their body to look. An i agree with the diet although when i was working out everyday bench pressing an was really into working out i still at the normal portion of junk an fast food. I didnt drink soda an still wont unless...
22 Apr
Well my picture is a bit old, more of what I want to get back to. I'm still debating on progress pics and such as for the time being anyway. Its really not a huge difference but definitely enough to want to go back. Walking was what did it for me before. I walked literally everywhere I went in sun and snow . But then I started driving and going to work and it fell apart from there. Especially the night shift job ( five days a week) has made it really difficult.
22 Apr
I know exactly what you mean. Yea my profile pic is what im tring to go back to. My arms are bigger in that pic, i was thinner. Now i got chubby i have a pic that i took yesterday i look the same but if you pay attention my arms are smaller. An yea i hate walking thats why iskated now that i moved an its no where to skate to an the roads are all messed up so i cant skate anymore so i got lazy. My motivation has always played a big part in my work out...
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 5:38pm
via Android

In my experience, yes. I lost all but 10 lbs but that last ten is not coming off.

22 Apr
That's exactly what I was thinking about, all the times I heard that same thing. " that last ___ amount of weight won't come off".
22 Apr
Don't give up. I'm sure it will happen.
24 Apr
The best way to get over a plateau is variation. Change something, whether its the duration of the workout, the intensity, or the format in general. Also, studies show that you can lose more weight from eating healthy than you can from working out. Be sure you're eating a healthy and balanced diet. Lastly, keep in mind that although the weight might not be coming off on the scale, you could very well be gaining muscle instead. I always recommend taking measurements, not just going by the number on the scale... Good luck and I hope this helps!
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 6:08pm
via Android

The graph (weight in relation to time) of someone losing weight usually looks like hyperbola. That means you are your weight loss rate is getting lower when you lose weight and at some point becomes practically zero.
So yes, people who weight more lose weight faster.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 6:39pm
via Android

It most definitely is!! I lost my first 23kgs so easily. But now Im struggling big time with the last 15-19kgs...

22 Apr
Keep trying, kick it up a bit.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51