I'VE GAINED EATING HEALTHY

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 7:36pm
via Android

Ok I was trying to loose ten pounds I cut out all drinks now only water or fruit drinks and eating a he'll of lot healthier and cut my calories down to 1200 per day and I've GAINED!

22 Apr
Hello any help?
22 Apr
Fruit drinks are probably unwanted calories. Loads of sugar.
23 Apr
It really depends on what kind of fruit drinks you're drinking but I agree it can be loads of unwanted calories.
28 Apr
Buy a nutribullet i make my own "fruit drinks " no bought ones it tastes awesome & u can put in protein fibre,nuts,kale any stuff that we need to get slim & sexy. Stay away from any fruit drinks except home made drinks i use watermelon to mix in to get my daily H2o requirements.try it u wont regret it. It's able to extract the entire fruit/veg ,skin & seads the lot u end up feeling amazing so energized ready to take on the day.
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 8:46pm
via Android

Well I am not sure however I used to be a consultant and it might depend on the exercises is you might have gained muscle I recommend a scale that tracks body fat percentage so you know for sure everyone goes up and down in weight by about five pounds on a daily and monthly basis due to digestive function. End of month cycle as well. The extra fiber may be having a hard time leaving your body which should normalize once u eat like this all the time. Another area to consider is perhaps your calorie count is a bit off. You could also be in a sort of starvation state. However my bet is on either muscle or bodily functionsAlways weigh yourself at the same time of day and really invest in a body fat scale. I can tell you from experience that sometimes your body is just gaining muscle mass and there is nothing wrong in that. I gained over five pounds in muscle when I stopped panicking when I saw the scale go up I have a body fat percentage scale so I know it was muscleFocus on the habits and the body fat percentage which depending on your goals should be between 16 and 31% with fit people being about 21_24% athletes towards the lowest end.

22 Apr
Is this body percentages for men and women. If not what is it for men? Thanks
23 Apr
Tara, there's an interesting post by Patrick M called Starvation Mode (why am I not losing weight?). It links to an article that pretty much busts the myths about starvation mode and building more muscle than the fat you lose weighs. Someone who's working out is building muscle, of course, but building it at such rate like 0,5-1 kg a week isn't even physically possible.
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 9:44pm

We need more infos..you say you eat healthy, what do you eat? And a lot of fruit drinks have much sugar;-) What did you eat before? How much have you gained?

22 Apr
I used to eat alot of crap mcdonald's proceed food some healthy food but ate alot boredom ate now I eat low saturated foods salads chicken pastas ect and only.consume only consume 1200-1500 calories a day
23 Apr
And do you count your fruit drinks into those calories? Do you track every single calorie you eat, or do you do a lot of estimating and leaving things out?
23 Apr
And also: how long have you been doing this and how much weight have you gained? It might just as well be water weight depending on where in your menstrual cycle you are.
23 Apr
Carbs have a lot of energy;-) Also salads can have much calories, if you add Dressing. What is your current weight and bmi?
23 Apr
I count every single calories. Usuing my fitness pal
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 12:36pm
via Android

Yes its not likely to gain five pounds in one week I did it in over a year. Muscle. An I am sorry but yes very rarely occasionally starvation mode does happenYou can actually be eating to few calories to lose weight it doesn't happen to often but it does happen I worked for a weight loss companyI saw people eat six hundred calories a week and not lose weight it works for a while then your body resists losing weight then you may start losing slightly again but your losing very slow and very unhealthy and dangerouslyBottom line our weight fluctuates a little all the time by about five pounds for a variety of reasonsJust focus on healthy habits and you will notice a difference. I realize people might not agree with meI have been there done that.

Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 12:39pm
via Android

Hi the percentage is for adult women the percentage for men is 5%_25%. fit being between 14%_17% lower being for athletes. For adult males about 19 years of age n up.

23 Apr
Wow thanks for the info on men.Guess i need to get busy. Going on 8 years of exercise. I'm still work in progress. I'm right around 20 percent. I go up and down. Trying to keep the down trend going.
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 8:48pm
via Android

Hi hector don't give up just do ur best I'm at about 22_24% body fat and I really work at it and yes I'm a lady I've been doing it twelve years. Be patient and know you are making a difference. Eating the right balance and calorie level for your body has a lot to do with it too

03 May
Thanks. Giving up is not an option.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 8:54pm
via Android

Yes the last three weeks haven't had any but before had

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 9:27pm
via Android

Instead of fruit drinks, which are just as bad as pop, drink only water, hot tea, and sometimes flavored water.

23 Apr
Okay thank you
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 7:24am
via Android

Your body is in shock. 1200 calories is too few and with exercise it will wreck your metabolism eat more than that I'd say 12-15 times your body weight in pounds. Carb cycling is useful and focus on the monthly progress pictures instead of a number on the scale

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 8:58pm
via Android

I'd say it's muscle, were you weight trainin?

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 9:36pm
via Android

I have been told to cut out all wheat products breads and any pasta or rice . Avacado  & flax seeds are supposed to slim down your waist.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51