Better option for weight loss?

2 posts | Original | Recent

10420096_768647393225346_8527351783799243097_n_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 12:38am
via Android

Which is better for weight loss-running , walking,jogging or cycling?

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 2:32am
via Android

The best exercise for weight loss is the one you keep doing.

Running burns more calories per minute than walking, but running is painful & we find excuses to avoid pain...

Running burns more calories per minute, but most people can walk for way more minutes than they can run...

I like to mix them all up. At a gym with the right equipment that's really easy and doesn't get boring when I switch cardio every five or ten minutes.

29 Apr
But don't some gym workouts build muscles on the fat layer ?
29 Apr
Not really sure what you mean... Muscles can be built up UNDER the fat layer, if you're exercising (weight/resistance training ) & eating for gains... but any of those cardio options you mentioned aren't going to build much muscle but they will burn fat.
29 Apr
My main goal is to burn fat but if we want to build muscle do we need a small amount of body fat?
29 Apr
Well if you want to LIVE you need a small amount of body fat... But I'm sure you're not going to get that low. So, don't worry about that. Go ahead & do fat burning exercises. Be sure to monitor your caloric intake, though, since losing fat is way more likely from dietary changes than just exercise alone.
29 Apr
And as for building muscle, don't worry, you'll be able to do that even if you lose some fat first.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51