Here we go... Again..

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 2, 2015 12:21pm
via Android

So im starting my diet agian & Im gonna workout this time too.. Sooo along with cutting my calories and counting them religiously, What else should I do to lose weight, Get healthy, and stay that way?!

Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 2, 2015 12:45pm
via Android

Things that stick are what change your life. So gradually developing new habits & attitudes in eating, rather than just a burst of discipline followed by a return to the same...

Small gradual changes in physical activity, leaving to more involvement and challenge, rather than a burst of hard work followed by a return to the same...

You can make great progress in a short time but for it to really stick you gotta change how you think, and that often takes a lot more time.

So often there's a series of phases: good progress, a lull or a setback, followed each time by a slightly stronger return to the path.

Biggest thing I would say is, forgive yourself, go easy on yourself, don't think too negatively when you have setbacks. I say 'when' because you WILL have them. The people who succeed aren't those who avoided setbacks, they are those who had setbacks but kept returning to the work, rather than let their brains convince them to give up for whatever reasons.

02 May
Good call Patrick.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 2, 2015 12:50pm
via Android

Thanks Patrick and I know what its like to have setbacks. Lol. I have another question.. Since I want weightloss should I buy any kind of vitamins or equipment..  to help the process? I know eat right & exercise but I reallly wanna succeed this time.

Image_thumb
196 Posts
May 2, 2015 3:14pm
via Android

Don't touch anything that makes good taste better, salt, sugar, bread etc lol, and be consistent on your workouts

Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 2, 2015 3:51pm
via Android

You don't really need anything besides the right attitude!

Haha really though equipment is hard to recommend since it depends on the individual and what their interests motivate them to pursue. Some people end up trail running, others stick to a treadmill, others end up kayaking...

If you can, join a gym, maybe one that offers a variety of classes you can sample. Take a sample yoga class or a martial art... Find a friend who is into rock climbing... Pursue that activity you've always wanted to try. All these are so different yet so awesome for the body.

And supplements or whatever, none of that is necessary, especially for a beginner. Just get started and go from there. I recommend you just find some health blogs to read, keep doing Google searches and reading more. Take it all with a grain of salt since most everyone is trying to sell you something. For example when i have something I'm wondering about i often find myself reading "Marks Daily Apple"  and i get a lot of good ideas and info there but I dont fully subscribe to his way of life.. I get his point of view and then read some others, often purposely searching for the opposite viewpoint. If i hear about some new product or exercise that is all the rage and supposed to be great, i often search for it with something like the word 'scam' added on just to see what the naysayers have got.

Nowadays I take a whole food based multivitamin and some omega oils like fish and flax and a few other things that are likely unnecessary... But that's all extraneous and probably a waste of money but I'm still partly a schmuck.

The real building blocks are simple : healthy food(mostly vegetables), and getting your body moving often.
(and a never-ending personal pursuit of more knowledge about health and nutrition)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51