do you know how to do pull ups?any tips for starters

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
May 7, 2015 5:59pm
via Android

do you know how to do pull ups?any tips for starters like myself i want to do one and dont know what workouts will do to strengthen my upper body

Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 7, 2015 11:50pm
via Android

Google 'inverted row' to see some pics/demos.  When I started doing pullups I was doing inverted rows on a railing... There are many different ways to get a good height bar you can use.

Also 'negative pullup,' where you jump to the pullup top position and lower yourself down, is a really good one.

Keep a log to ensure progress. I use 'simple workout log.'  Do like three to five sets, of a number that challenges you. It's okay if you have different numbers each set, but try to get an estimated idea of what number is a good one to start with so you are still able to perform well on your last sets. Each time, log your workout and try to increase your numbers. You'll soon be able to do a pullup if you work these two exercises.

Image_thumb
55 Posts
May 8, 2015 1:50am
via iOS
Pull ups use your back, biceps, infraspranitius, and a bit of your abs.

Strengthen all those.

Then use an assisted dip machine to get reps in and each time, you reduce the weight until you get only your upper body to lift.

Also grip strengthenors (spelling not sure if it's a word) also help.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51