Stage to work on abs

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
May 12, 2015 1:18pm
via Android

When is it ok to work on abs ? I've heard and read if we do an work while there's still fat it'll look much worse. And a guy here posted it is best to do ab work when we're on the muffin top stage ... What would that be? I have like a little bulge when I sit some fat and some skin should I do it now? I've been working a lot on my cardio I just need to know if I'm doing it right

Image_thumb
214 Posts
May 12, 2015 1:40pm
via Android

Why would it look worse if you worked on your abs still having fat there!? I've never heard that.

The only thing coming to my mind is that your hard work won't be showing until you drop your bf%. But other than that, working on abs is never a bad idea in my opinion :)

12 May
Really? I read it on various articles saying the muscle would build but the fat would be "pushed out" I've been doing ab work and tbh my belly seems flatter / might be the cardio Idk. And yes until bf drops I'll see results I was just wondering if that was true or not.
12 May
Oh well... It might be true, never heard that though! Plus I think working on abs and core burns calories too making good cardio as well sometimes and I can't imagine working out so hard you can grow abs without losing any fat but apparently that's a thing. Anyway it sounds like you don't have much fat to pull out anyway so I'd just go for abs workouts without skipping cardio.
Image_thumb
86 Posts
May 12, 2015 2:02pm
via Android

Keep doing cardio to get the blood pumping and sweat coming!

anything that gets you sweaty is great, if you go hard on cardio workouts you'll see a difference pretty fast. for cardio, i suggest HIIT. if you dont know what HIIT is i would google it, but tons of workouts are online and HIIT is more effective then regular cardio. when i first started doing HIIT within 2 weeks, i saw a huge difference in my body!

keep doing cardio and ab workouts, so as your bf% drops, you'll already have some pretty sculpted abs

12 May
Thanks! I can't lie I love me any type of cardio
12 May
i cant stress enough how effective HIIT is!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51