Never using the scales again

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
99 Posts
May 22, 2015 7:02am
via Android

So i started doing a pic diary since March and have noticed a massive difference in my weight between pictures from then and now. The scale hasnt been going down though which is why i wont use them again . The best thing to do is a pic diary. You'll definitely notice a difference. Im over the moon just thought id share

22 May
Pull ups are a good check as well. If you can do 1 now, 3 next month. That probably means you lost some fat and gained some muscle
22 May
Good call Jovon. Congrats Touma!
22 May
Measurements are a good way too track progress. Take a look also at the YMCA bodyfat measurement and others that use tape measurements and ratios that help you judge.
22 May
Thanks guys :) Yup next step is pullups.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
May 22, 2015 1:59pm

Agree in regards to pic diary. It is much better in regards to seeing changes in your body. Especially as I tend to find it difficult remebering to track changes. Can't really argue with actual photographic evidence!  ^^

Scales can be so misleading. I have only checked recently after months and although it's going in the right direction, I wouldn't  be bothered either way as it could be a number of reasons for that... 

Congrats beautiful! You've been working like a Trojan and deserve this and more!!! :*

22 May
Thanks love.. yeh i kept getting frustrated from it coz it wasnt going down. Till i asked and someone told me to do a pic diary. The best thing i did. Makes me want to push myself harder now after seeing that difference :)
23 May
I agree... it's motivating to see the results.
Image_thumb
342 Posts
May 22, 2015 2:54pm
via Android

Congrats Touma on all your hard work, keep at it!

22 May
Thank you Dawna. This just makes me want to work harder :))
Image_thumb
38 Posts
May 22, 2015 2:58pm
via Android

I have to use a scale. I gain weight easily. At my age I have to increase activity slower than someone younger.

22 May
Yeh its because im doing weightlifting so the scale doesnt show the muscle gains which is why i stopped using them. But some ppl still have to use them.
Image_thumb
56 Posts
May 22, 2015 5:19pm
via Android

Scale is just keep fluctuating due to several reasons beside gaining weight. That's why it's not accurate pointer.

Pic diary is a must . Beside body measures. Specially waist line.

I used to get concerned by noticing my weight go down and them up again. But my waistline was the house light for me .and keeps me in a good tracking.

22 May
Yeh the scale doesn't show your muscle gains lol
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
May 22, 2015 7:22pm

I arrived at the same conclusion a little more than a year ago. It's liberating not to be tied to an arbitrary number on a scale. I do take measurements every few months to see if I'm getting it done but for the most part it's all about the pictures. And you're certainly proof of that. Well done!

22 May
Thanks Jason :)) yeh i prefer the picture diary more too.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51