Fasting

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 22, 2015 9:37am
via iOS
Hey guys so i seem to be sticking at my current weight although i workout almost every day. Thought i would try a fast day today to try and push through it. My question is, do fast days work? How do you do your fast days?
Image_thumb
334 Posts
May 22, 2015 2:03pm

I usually eat on my fast day. ^^

22 May
Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 22, 2015 2:44pm
via Android

There are nutrition plans like IFIIFYM or the Warriors diet. I've read some good things about results. You can Google it and you'll come up with all the research and info you'd need to do some intermittent fasting. I personally wouldn't do these. I don't think they are sustainable,  bikini models/fitness models probably need to do stuff like this for photo shoots and what not. I would say calorie defecit, carb cycle and train harder to get the results you want.

19 Jun
Yes try reducing your calories instead of fasting. You might end up going crazy and eating a lot lol. I've reduced my caloric intake to about 800-1000 at the most a day and we'll I'm losing weight and drink tons of water. My belly seems to have gone down. Maybe try foods that reduce bloat? Less salt.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 22, 2015 2:44pm
via Android

I fast every 2nd day. Drink LOTS of water!! Keep busy. Sleep Early. Then you'll be fine. Also the next day dont eat anything heavy. Have something small and light, soup, chicken strips maybe a small salad. Anything bigger will make you feel sick.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 22, 2015 3:13pm
via iOS
Thanks guys it's going well. I am eating about 500cal today. I am not fasting regularly, just a one-off to push through plateau  thanks for replies.
Image_thumb
172 Posts
May 23, 2015 1:56pm

Personally I encountered the same issue. After going down from 91 kg to 75kg in one year I got blocked at 75kg. I tried eating less but more regularly, doing extra workouts, started running (I was bicycling & swimming already). No matter how hard I trained 5 day a week, I didn't loose sustainably anymore weight. I tried working out harder and running more and more until I dammaged both knees and could'nt walk anymore but I was still not loosing weight....So training harder was not a good solution for me! I tried to not get more weight as I was then stucked at home with strong pain in my knees preventing me to walk but continued working out my upperbody to not gain weight at least. But I took took 2kg anyway...

So I went back only way that I know works for me (but It concerns only me as I am (not) sure it is very good for health...): As I noticed that having a breakfast ruins any chance to loose weight for me:

- If I do work extra hard, plan to do sport at least 1-3 hours, I allow myself 2 meals a day and do my work out before the first one

-If I do work out moderately 0-1h, I allow my self one meal only the evening

-If I want to loose really weight, I do allow one meal only and do 1-3 hours sport

I need to stick doing sport 5 days a week, eat lightly, spicy and healthy for a few weeks and then my mody start loosing weight a bit. if I do that but don't do sport, I loose weight faster but I loose muscle instead of fat...

24 May
I follow the 5:2 diet, so 5 days I eat at my TDEE and 2 days I fast where I eat 500 calories. I find it great, I don't feel deprived all the time like on normal daily calorie restriction. I only have to watch what I eat 2 days a week, and I lose 1lbs a week doing this!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51