Losing weight tips?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 24, 2015 10:13pm
via iOS
I'm building muscle, but not losing much weight. I have been overweight for as long as I can remember. And I'm simply tired of looking the way I do. My current weight is 267, and I'd like to be in the 160/190 range. Any ideas on how to get results fast? I have been exercising everyday!
25 May
U could get myfitnesspal app on ur phone u input ur height/ weight etc and how much weight u want to loose, and will work out how many calories u should have to loose weight. u can input ur daily meals and exercise, and will help u to keep track of what ur eating. :-)
26 May
No soft drinks...no fatty food...no high calories (junk food)...drink warm water after every meal
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 24, 2015 10:20pm
via Android

Hi! I am right with you girl. I have been overweight my whole life and I should taken care of my health way before I did. So,  let's get to the advice! First, I need to know some info about your health and fitness habits. What kind of workouts are you doing everyday? How is your eating habits? What are you doing after you workout? Any other info?

24 May
I have the worst eating habits!! I only eat when I'm hungry. So I eat more then. I'm doing the excersizes on here. Mostly full body. I go to the track at least 5 times a week to walk 3/5 miles..and workout there some. When I jog I feel like my throat is going to close up. I pushed myself to run one lap last time.
24 May
So let's start off with your eating habits. Simply put, if you do not eat healthy and have caloric deficit, there is no way anyone can lose weight. I suggest going onto google and looking up how to find your maintenance calorie level, and then create a caloric deficit off of that. You also need to be hitting your nutrients right, so I would say make 40% of your calories lean, healthy protein, 40% of your calories from carbs (mostly vegetables and fruits), and 20% from good healthy fats like nuts, meat fats, and dairy sources). After you have done...
24 May
I will try that.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 24, 2015 10:46pm
via Android

I promise you it will work! Good luck on the journey! Feel free to message me if you need anything else any other time! :) have a good day!

24 May
Will do! Thank!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 24, 2015 11:05pm
via iOS
Do this really work ? 
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 24, 2015 11:06pm
via Android

Does what really work?

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 24, 2015 11:21pm
via Android

Weight loss is mostly about what and how much you eat. I suggest downloading a calorie counting app such as Myfitnesspal or lifesum(I prefer this one) and weighing out your food so you know exactly how much you are eating. Both will use your stats to determine how much calories you should eat to lose. So stay within that, eat as healthy as you can and you will lose weight :)

Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 24, 2015 11:24pm
via Android

Alot of those apps actually have very high calorie goals for people. Like I said below, they are great for keeping track of your macros and such though. The calorie goal they give you is your maintenance caloric level, and for people who want to lose weight, they need to have a deficit of about 20%. How many calories are you at right now? I am at 2200.

24 May
I find Myfitnesspal always gave me a rather low goal! To lose lbs a week it had me at 1350 calories. Lifesum had me around the same. At the moment I'm following 5:2 diet so my tdee is 1700 so I eat that or less 5 days a week,and 2 days I eat 500 calories. I find this a lot easier than having 1300 every day.
24 May
Sorry that should say to lose 1lbs a week mfp told me to eat 1350 calories
24 May
Oh sweet! Okay, well for heavier people I know that the apps tend to actually give out too many calories as a goal because it thinks since we are so heavy, we need tons and tons of protein, and that's just not the case. Our bodies can only digest so much protein but yeah, thanks for the input:)
25 May
On MyFitnessPal you can easily adjust how many calories/macros/nutrients you need :)
Image_thumb
86 Posts
May 25, 2015 1:15am
via Android

like many of the people below said, its all about the kitchen!

i used to always workout ( it actually became an obsession, working out for 2-3 hours everyday) but i never switched my diet, and thats where i went wrong. my diet was for the most part okay, i didnt drink a lot of sugary drinks, had a pretty balanced lunch and dinner, but i found i was constantly snacking, and skipped breakfast!

about 6 months ago, i started snacking healthy and made sure i got a really good breakfast! once i made that change, everything started happening so quickly.

i started listening to my body, ate when i was hungry, stopped working out and letting my body heal and recover. i now am a vegetarian and workout 4 days a week for about an hour and a half.

i suggest, eating healthy! i dont think counting calories is necessary, but thats just me. i also suggest lots of cardio, and body weight exercises! :) good luck, feel free to message me if need be!

Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 25, 2015 4:05am
via Android

Learn about calorie maintenance level. And how much calories you should cut to lose weight. There isn't going to be a fast fix, it's not going to be easy. In fact working out consistently and eating clean is tough. There's an active topic I just bumped up in the active topics give it a read. Start a program, look up jamie eason live fit trainer. It's free. Research, research, research. Be Consistent.  You got this.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 25, 2015 5:10am
via Android

Myfitnesspal app. 

I got a kitchen scale and i create a lot of my own food listings with 100 grams as default, so any measurements are an easy decimal.

It takes a little effort to dial things in, if you're not getting expected results you gotta fiddle with your numbers (like not everybody fits neatly into one of four activity levels, or most exercise is over estimated so i dont usually even log it) but it really breaks the weight loss process down to simple math.

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 25, 2015 5:49pm
via iOS
25 May
How do you link to a topic? Do u have to do that from a computer
25 May
I can do it from my iPhone but not from the computer

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51