Getting Started

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 1:40pm
via iOS
Hi! Just getting started with this whole healthy living thing. I'm trying to lose weight so I can feel better about myself. I weigh about 200 lbs right now, 5'8", so I really want to shed at least 50. I've downloaded an app called Lose It! to help with calorie counting and I'm trying to start exercising but because of how incredibly out of shape I am I'm finding it to be quite a challenge. Any suggestions for exercises easy enough for a beginner that will also be effective?
10 Jun
I'm going to post a bunch of workouts that are super easy I mean little things to do in between watching TV or before you get I'm the shower c:
Image_thumb
258 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 3:09pm
via Android

IM 172 n it's still hard it gets easier though mines partly asthma keeping me feeling sick. Walking is good. I've been doing intervals 30 sec run fast as can and 30 walk fast. I do 8 round so far soon will start 11. jumping jacks and jump rope good also pushups great for arms lunges and squats good for legs crunches for tummy. But be sure to get cardio on though or your muscles will hide under your fat. I've been lazy with cardio... Well good luck!  :-)

10 Jun
Oh n I'm 5'1''
11150675_10204589447392240_5798444927395921794_n_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 3:35pm
via Android

You can do any of the workouts and if something is too hard then do it a couple times then switch to jumping jacks or crunches and then if you can do a few more then awesome if not just do what you can... just keep coming back and doing it. It gets easier just don't give up! Being healthy is a lifestyle for the long haul so just take it one day at a time. Just keep swimming just keep swimming lol you got this!

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 4:38pm
via Android

Hello everyone I'm new to this workout program can't wait to get started

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 7:08pm
via Android

In the past couple of years I've had a lot of problems with severe e stomach pain so bad just walking room to room was a challenge so working out was not an option for me  daily activities where a struggle so the weight started to pile on and the depression so now that I've full of motivation I find myself wanting to workout I'm so ready for this weight loss     journey. My goal for the first month is 7pounds.....I know thats a low number but I don't want to push myself to hard BC if the pain I'm in. Im going to try  3 days a week for 10 min. To see if it will affect me pain wise if not I'm bumping it up to 25...y'all please pray for me BC I'm excited about this...I want my life back,I want to play with my kids again and it starts today.....

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51