I have an eating problem

9 posts | Original | Recent

1661932_823781597743377_5599439494815749582_n_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 3:19am
via iOS
So I have a tendency to overeat when I'm bored, or stressed. Any tips to either stay full or help gain willpower to not eat when I don't need to?
02 Jul
Drinking a glass of water helps keep you from overeating.
02 Jul
Eat fruit
02 Jul
Try drinking alot of water. Sometimes i just drink like 2 cups of water and it gets me full so i dont have to eat.
02 Jul
eat yogurt with 0% fat
Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 3:41am
via iOS
What might help is eating a really good and healthy breakfast in the morning because it helps you stay full during the day and will make you less likely to want to snack later on. Eggs, maybe oatmeal with fruit, stuff like that that's full of protein helps me.....
If you really can't stop from snacking, try emptying your kitchen from junk food and unhealthy choices so your only snacks will be healthy foods (fruits, veggies) and you can eat as much of that as you want without delaying any progress for your goals....
Hope this helps:)
02 Jul
Drinking a glass of water before each meal will help keep you from overeating.
02 Jul
Wait sorry commented on wrong thing
1661932_823781597743377_5599439494815749582_n_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 4:02am
via iOS
Thanks you guys are the best!!
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 10:57am
via iOS
Physiologically when you are stressed your cortisol levels are high which then triggers insulin to be produced in the liver. These are two powerful hormones that have very large effect on your body. When you're stressed, exercise to utilize the 'build up' of sugar on your body. Exercise will burn the
Sugar and your mood will improve as well due  to the release of endorphins.

Once you exercise, feed your body with complex carbs (low glycemic of 65 and below), then a source of protein, and essential fats (omega 3-6). This will help you ensure you aren't reaching for that ice cream bucket when you're stressed.

You have to understand the human body is an excellent machine that know how to protect itself from 'danger' to itself - sugar being one of the primary source of energy - hence why you reach for ice cream bucket (expression).
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 4:22pm
via Android

Do something that will keep ur mind away from food. Sip some water too

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 7:35pm

Sorry but that is NOT going to work. Water has no calories... it's just fluid. When you're hungry what your body is seeking (or brain for that matter) is calories and source of energy... that source is typically primed for sugar rich foods since they are high in glucose and easily digestable. So drinking water is NOT going to fill you up.

You really need to understand the physiology first before you start to do a trial and error approach..., it can be devastating if you are not careful.

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jul 6, 2015 3:22am
via Android

Sip water to stay full . read a book. Or even better>> workout. Working out relieves stress. Try going for a run to clear your head. & don't keep junk food in the house.

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Jul 6, 2015 3:27am
via Android

Fruits, veggies and lean meats are your friends - Stay away from processed stuff

Ripped_thumb
69 Posts
Jul 7, 2015 5:29am
via Android

Eat low glycemic foods in small amounts. Nuts, whole wheat, animal proteins... etc

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51