Where to start?

3 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jul 9, 2015 1:08pm
via Android

My name is Jordy, currently 20 years old and I am asking myself where to begin? I want to lose some weight and lead a better and healthy life.

I haven't worked out for a while so my condition is very bad right now. Where do I need to start? And how much times per week?

Thank you.

16 Posts
Jul 9, 2015 3:56pm
via iOS
The first thing you need to do (if you don't already) is to start eating healthy. Avoid junk food and sugary drinks. Replace them instead with fresh fruits and veggies and water. You also need to eat lean protein. (Fish, chicken, some beans, lentils, etc). Don't eat too many carbs as they are weight gainers but a bit of (for example) whole grain bread and things like that is fine. Don't skip breakfast. For losing weight, it might help to eat smaller portions more often throughout the day rather then a few really big ones. (Easier for your stomach to digest). Water. Did I mention it already? Drink lots of it. Once you've sorted out your diet, start off with cardio. Running, swimming, biking, walking are all good examples of cardio. You can also buy a pair of dumbells and do a bit of light lifting. As for how often, it's really up to you. How much time to you have? I workout every day and I love it but that is just what works for me and maybe not for you. Maybe try 4-5 days a week and see how that works for you?
09 Jul
Thank you very much for your reply. I bought sports supplements in the Netherlands for replacement of my breakfast. I need to eat a bit healthier and need to drink more water. Currently i'm not eating breakfast so that's very bad... and I need to drink more water too. Thanks for your reply, lets try it out!
09 Jul
Good luck:)
01 Aug
Jordy, you bought sports supplements or replacements?...
2 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 7:11pm
via Android

Everything Chrisi said was right on. I will just add to the water part. Drink a glass as soon as you wake up and have breakfast shortly after. Try drinking water about 20 min before you have any meal and avoid drinking too much during the meal. This will help with digestion.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51