Losing weight?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 11:20am
via iOS
I'm 11 stone and 5 foot 2". Any tips at all for losing weight?
Image_thumb
216 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 11:39am
via Android

Check this topic out:

http://www.skimble.com/forums/2-motivation-support/topics/32126-want-to-lose-or-gain-weight-read-this

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 11:55am
via iOS
Thank you so so much! This is going to help so much, I know it. I will message you in 1 week to let you know how I'm doing. 
01 Aug
You are welcome. Good luck! :)
02 Aug
Remember that 1 week won't do wonders, so don't fall off the waggon if you didn't lose 3lbs in your first week. Patience and endurance is everything
02 Aug
Yes, I know. What I meant though was that I find it extremely challenging to be motivated to exercise everyday :)
02 Aug
It is Rosie, at least for the first weeks. Good thing is that by doing at least something short every day it will become a routine quickly and you won't struggle anymore, you'll just do it! :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
278 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 4:25pm

First Off Welcome to Skimble.

So here are a few questions you need to pose to yourself in order to be consistant.

1. Tone Up on the Treadmill
    "Save time at the gym with this 10-minute cardio/sculpt session: Hop on a treadmill holding a three- to five-pound dumbbell
  2. Power Up Your Runs
    "Adding wall sits to the end of every run will strengthen your quads, hamstrings and glutes, improving your speed and endurance.
  3. Chart Your Progress
    "Stay motivated using a fitness report card. Jot down these subjects: Cardio, Muscle Conditioning, Flexibility and Attitude. Set goals (for example, doing 10 "boy" push-ups) and grade yourself A through F at least four times a year. When you see how much you improve, you'll want to stay in great shape."
  4. Break Out the Shovel
    "Why pay someone to clear snow from your driveway? Besides burning nearly 400 calories per hour, shoveling snow develops muscular endurance and power.
  5. Give Yourself a Break
    "You don't have to be a fitness saint to get results. Follow the 80/20 plan: Eighty percent of the year, you'll exercise regularly and eat well. Know that you'll slip 20 percent of the time due to holidays and work deadlines.
  6. Maximize Your Crunches
    "Don't relax your abs as you lower your chest away from your knees during a crunch — you get only half the ab-toning benefit! To get the firmest abs possible, you need to sustain the contraction on the way down."
  7. Intensify Your Push-Up
    "Squat-thrust push-ups get you in great shape because they work your upper body, core and lower body and improve agility, strength and endurance all at once.
  8. Paddle Your Way to Flatter Abs
    "Go kayaking to get a taut stomach — it's ideal because much of your rowing power comes from your core. Mimic the motion and resistance of the water at home by looping an exercise band around the bottom of a table leg or other fixed object. Sit on the floor with legs extended, knees slightly bent; grasp one end of the band in each hand.
  9. Super-Sculpt Your Butt
    "Get great glutes by targeting the muscles and connective tissues buried deep in your body. To hit them, do high-intensity squats, such as jump squats. Then, blast off butt flab with cross-country skiing, bleacher running and stair climbing.

Good and God bless!!!

26 Aug
Thank you very much Antoine.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 14, 2015 10:34am
I am turning 13 in 4 months and I need to lose weight but I really want a workout buddy. If you are in Wilkes-Barre,Pa and want a workout buddy contact me at Saunders099@icloud.com
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 5, 2015 12:26pm
via Android

Yess :)

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,229 topics, 38,311 posts

Motivation & Support

8,520 topics, 41,755 posts