Clueless weightlifting

4 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 11, 2015 1:51am
via Android

I am just now starting to add weight training to my routine which consists of mainly cardio such as running 2 to 4 miles 3x a week & abs or planks. My goal is to lose weight. What is the best way to integrate this & how much weight. I am totally clueless on weight lifting so any advice is appreciated.

Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Sep 12, 2015 6:45pm
via iOS
There are sooooo many answers to this one! The best advice I can give is to:

(1) scroll through my topics I've created and you'll find lots of info on weight training, reps etc 

(2) scroll through my created workouts and you'll see three types of weight programs (i) POWER TRIP (ii) R.I.P.PED UP (iii) DARE TO SHRED AGAIN

Watch people at your gym (the ones who kinda know what they are doing anyway!!) and as a fellow beast on here says... "Learn to love the iron"

Finally.... HAVE FUN!! 

Good luck
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Sep 12, 2015 7:53pm
via Android

Hi Thelma and welcome!
As Scotty has said it can be confusing when so many people put there input in, it can make your head spin after awhile! Best advice I can give you especially when your just starting out stick to one person in asking your questions, this helps you stay on track and not scratch your head and say wtf but Tommy said this. ....lol
I also would like to add diet is so crucial on any plan you go on, if your not eating the right foods no amount of exercise will help you lose those pds. Which will make you get frustrated and quit!
Whatever you decide to do, good luck on your journey! 

Image_thumb
99 Posts
Sep 15, 2015 9:56am
via Android

I was like you once. I used to do cardio for an hour and weights for 20 mins. And i used to just do any body part and any machine. Didnt do proper reps or sets. Until i researched and found out that weight lifting can help burn fat faster. I go gym 3 times a week so i split my workouts as legs/glutes, Back/biceps, Chest/Shoulders/triceps. Took me alot of research and practice to get proper form and do the proper routine. I also usually do 15-20 mins of HIIT cardio before or after as well which has helped alot too. Ive found that my body has strengthened and i have lost some body fat. I will never go back to just cardio anymore. Lifting has become my passion.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51