how many calories for this sauce ?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Img_8132_thumb
49 Posts
Oct 8, 2015 12:50am

I am wondering all the info i would need liek carlories and all of that to plug into MFP. here is the recipe .

http://leelalicious.com/healthier-cauliflower-alfredo-sauce/

10 Oct
Sigh... Ran it through for you, even though it makes no sense to have a pound/450 grams cauliflower in 5 cups broth plus .75 cups milk yield only 3 cups of sauce. She must have cooked it a long time to reduce it. Each cup of sauce, if you reduced it to 3 cups, is 141 calories if made with whole milk, and 133 calories if you use skim milk.
10 Oct
Sigh again. :-) Apparently mfp ate the sauce recipe do I reentered it. I used 1/2% milk. Nutritional breakdown for 1 cup after it's reduced from the 6+ cups you start with is as follows. 4 g fat, .3 saturated, 11.2 g cholesterol, 17.5 g carb, 5.3 g fiber, 9.4 g sugar, 15.5% calcium. I think if you sub olive oil instead of the butter to fry the onion you can get the high cholesterol level down.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 10, 2015 5:38pm
via Android

I would feed all the ingredients into mfp, maybe a recipe or meal, find the total calories for the whole finished product. then after i made it i would weigh the whole thing and then i could weigh my servings and take that fraction from the total.

11 Oct
When i was really into myfitnesspal i bought a little digital scale and it totally helped how i use that app

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51