Lose belly fat?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Nov 8, 2015 9:18am
via Android

Ok I am a teenager and I have some belly fat... Even though I am slim. I weight 60KG and I am 1.78m tall, how can I transform the fat on my body into muscle, I can only train with my body weight as it wont stop my growth (no machines, dumbbells). I have tried many exercises, including HIIT, boxing bursts, running and I do martial arts and don't eat much more than 2300 calories a day. I walk 30 minutes everyday, besides saturday and sunday. Any tips please?

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 8, 2015 9:54am
via Android

I think doing sports regularly and eating healthy is the key to everything. Just go ahead and do not give up. Loosing fat takes its time. (I'm not an expert but that's what I think)

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Nov 8, 2015 10:05am
via Android

Yes, I don't give up but I wanted to transform the fat into muscle, and that is taking much more time than it should... Obviously it takes time, I have done many abs workouts and seen barely any progress...

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 8, 2015 10:12am
via Android

Maybe you already have ab mucles but the fat is like lying on top of the muscle. Do you know what I mean? If that is the case you should try to train the whole body and do cardio as well. That's the thing which helped me (at least a little)

08 Nov
That's exactly what happens. When I touch my belly I feel the trained abs (I have like 1 inch of fat on top of it)... I will try, I wanted the abs to pop within a month, I think its possible, just train train train...
08 Nov
Yeah exactly. Good luck with your journey.
08 Nov
Yup... Thanks ;), any workout suggestions?
08 Nov
I personally prefer full body workouts and HIITs.
08 Nov
I have done it all... I usually focus on belly since most of my body is OK, like legs and arms but the belly... It sucks. I try everything from pull ups, to hiit training and boxing and running :/ it works but takes muuuuch time, and the progress is little.
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Nov 9, 2015 5:09pm
via Android

Ok, you don't transform fat into muscle mass and you can't focus fat loss on a specific body part. You have to lower your body fat percentage. There are tons of topics on here, explaining it in every detail would take too long. Also working out with machines or weights doesn't stop your growth unless you do really heavy weight lifting as a sport.

09 Nov
So what should I do? I have a friend who started heavy weight lifting (15KG in each arm) and stopped growing, many more known guys like that though and gyms advise us not to do muscle training unless we're 16 years old.
09 Nov
Just don't overdo it. Start with lighter weights.
09 Nov
Any tips on lowering fat percentage on body?
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Nov 9, 2015 6:34pm
via Android

2300 cal. seems like a lot if you are trying to cut fat off your body.  I eat ~1600/day to maintain my current shape/size/weight.  While I'm much older, I'm also a lot bigger I'd guess (6.5ft, 220lbs).  You might want to research a good target intake for losing that fat (weight), and really look hard at what your eating. ..that's going to be key when you are getting down to the last of your body fat.   

09 Nov
The thing is I waste around 3500 calories a day too... I walk 30 minutes from school to home everyday, do Martial Arts mondays and wednesday and when I don't I workout on my house. I guess I need to start cutting but its hard... I eat nothing in the morning, sometimes an apple because I'm not hungry then I eat lunch which usually is a sandwich and then at the afternoon it varies a lot, then at dinner I eat really not much... Like meat and a potatoe... I sometimes dont eat carbs but yeah I think I should...
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Nov 9, 2015 7:54pm
via Android

Try tracking your actual intake using an app like lose it or something. ..you cannot target reduce so you have to find a way to adjust your diet to meet your goals.  Could be your starving yourself, forcing your body to retain fat stores...some of my best weight loss days are after eating a bowl of pasta?   You may have to experiment with different approaches to find out what works for you. ..do drink more water and watch your sodium intake. ..

09 Nov
Abs are made in the kitchen. Start increasing your protien. Make sure you dont skip a meal. My husband has finally gotten a six pack without any increase to his exercise by just changing his diet. We only eat complex carbs, protien every meal and tonnes of veg and water. Obviously its not your fitness regime holding you back, it's your food. Start researching meal plans for increasing muscle tone and stick to it for atleast 6wks, dont skip and meals, its just as bad as skipping a workout. Good luck!
09 Nov
10 Nov
When it comes to exercises that burn fat, what you want is prolonged lower intensity. So aerobic exercise, meaning you're using a lot of oxygen, at a pace/intensity that allows you to still hold somewhat of a conversation. The higher the intensity of your workout, the *more* carbs and *less* fat you burn. Also working out on an empty stomach helps burn more fat. Diet matters too, of course. The bottom line is burn more calories than you take in. Small frequent meals are the best way to increase your basal metabolic rate. I'm an exercise science major, so this...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51