Hormones and fat storage. Can you change it?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Feb 20, 2016 9:56pm
via Android

I read that your body shape is largely determined by hormones and that women with apple body shape are more likely to have low estrogen levels even if your thin but still an apple. Is there a way to raise estrogen levels?

I read that handling stress better helps and also eating things like flax seeds and licorice. Does anyone know? What about the pill or the shots people take to go from male to female... cheers

21 Feb
Well how you look is largely dictated by genetics. If your mom, grandma and so on are typically a pear shape then you will be most likely a pear shape. Hormones play role in fag storage, mood, blood pressure. But not really body shape.
21 Feb
Also before jumping to conclusions about low hormone levels. Just stay consistent with a strength training/ aerobic conditioning program along with staying on course with your nutrition. You'll Se changes everywhere. The only real way to tell If you low levels of a certain hormone is a cbc blood panel.
21 Feb
There are definitely ways to affect your hormone levels through diet and herbal supplementation. I have also read about licorice lowering cortisol. One basic thing to understand is that cortisol is made from the same building blocks as testosterone and estrogen. When you body is being told to make cortisol all the time then it is robbing the building blocks to make cortisol and thus affecting other hormone levels. Basically everything you eat and all your activities will affect your hormone levels. This is a gigantic topic that is super interesting. Too much for one post to cover and also...
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 21, 2016 4:50am
via Android

Ola

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Feb 21, 2016 10:29pm
via Android

Cheers

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Feb 22, 2016 4:02am
via Android

You seem really concerned about your natural body type. I consider that a shame, due in large part to media influence telling us there is really only one beautiful body shape. There is a multi billion dollar industry built solely around making 99.9% of the population feel unhappy with their bodies. Knowing this doesn't really help us feel better, though.

If you exercise and get in shape, I guarantee you will be happier with your own body type. Hopefully you will gain some of the confidence and comfort in your own skin that is quite common with people who get fit.

You are your own particular shape of beauty and I hope you can find that.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51