Im 16 and i need tip on weight loss

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 1, 2016 1:46pm
via iOS
Hi, my weight is 49 kgs and im just 16. Could you guys help me up. I need to loose up to 10 kgs by the end of october, i have a bet with a friend. Help?
01 Mar
I think anyone under 18 should talk to their doctor/parents before starting on a weight loss journey. Its always good advice to cut out sugars and fried foods and move more- run, play sports, etc. But at 16 your body is still growing and developing so you need to make sure you get the right amount of nutrients and calories. (hence-talk to your doctor)
01 Mar
I do pounds so not sure yet converted but make sure it will be within healthy range. Talking to doctor would be a great idea though. Main thing is get lots of nutrition!
03 Mar
Thanks both :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 1, 2016 10:25pm
via Android

You could start a healthier diet as well as running everyday. Eat baked chicken and fish instead of red meats and fried meats. More vegetables and fruits. And also have a small snack every three hours because if you don't eat for three hours, your body goes into starvation mode and anything you eat next will be stored as fat. Also, portion your foods in a healthy way, look at serving sizes and research what would be healthiest for you because you're still growing.

03 Mar
That Starvation mode thing is not correct at all.
03 Mar
Then at what point does your body start storing fat
03 Mar
I don't know where you heard the part about 3 hours, that bit is new to me, but the idea of Starvation mode is a very popular myth that keeps getting passed around as fitness info. Do some research, you'll see. There is a thing called Starvation mode but it does way less than ppl say it does (doesn't make ppl gain weight, for example, heck it doesn't even prevent weight loss), and it only affects ppl who are literally on the brink of death from Starvation. It's definitely not the reason the reason people are failing to lose weight...
03 Mar
Your body stores fat when the energy you consume is more than the energy you burn. All the macros, Carbs, protein, and fat, can be converted by the body into adipose tissue (fat) to be stored as future energy. To lose weight, one must consume fewer calories than one burns. The weight lost will come from the body converting stored energy, and it does this with fat and muscle. This can be done by burning more (exercise) and/or consuming less (diet). There is no way the body can prevent weight loss on a caloric deficit. Real starvation mode simply tries...
03 Mar
That does make more sense. My vegan friend told me about the three hour thing. Thank you
12189126_1514984698818949_7389972521938204330_n_thumb
1 Post
Mar 2, 2016 3:37am
via Android

Hey, im 17 and i actually need to lose about 10 or 15 pounds as well. But i want to keep on getting stronger, by getting all the nutrients i need. I came to the conclusion of counting daily macros and nutrients, just until i reach my goal weight. There are a couple videos on youtube to help you calculate your daily macros.  So i really suggest looking at those videos. And get the app my fitness pal its a godsent to me because i dont want to write down numbers everytime i eat.  Hope this helped ☺

03 Mar
Thanks! I'll do that for sure xD

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51