Summer Mode Detox and Diet

34 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 12, 2016 12:23pm
via Android

Hi skimblers,
Detox means flushing out harmful substances from your body.It can be done by having extra ordinary care of your meals, snacks and water intake.It is also true that it's not easy having tough schedule of work snd travelling.But once you decide , nothing can stop you.It depends upon how determined are you? How much you want to move farward in the way of health.

so my plan is there to detox
It is divided into few phases.
Things totally forbidden for initial 3 days : Gluten, sugar, salt
Things recommended in abundance: water, salad and protein( as required)
4th day is cheat day recommended
Next 7 days again on the detox.
12 day is again cheat day.
then Healthy food base dieting start based upon full 3 months depending upon cheat day after a week.
This is all for my personal log and keep check and balance on my diet. So best wishes for me and if any one wana come..Come and njoy healthy life.# Eat healthy, Be healthy.

14 Apr
oh and the only things I could take to work today was this nutty oats which contains gluten and sugar and chicken. but I'm going to OD on water today
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 13, 2016 3:54pm
via Android

13 th april:Day 1 Detox = full of fruits and vegetables..but not good regarding drinking water.tomorrow i will watch carefully my water intake.

13 Apr
Great!! I'm in on this! :-) best to condition into better eating than just jumping in without any chests. thank you
13 Apr
welcome jodie
13 Apr
we will post our daily feedback on this topic
14 Apr
Sara! ? because it was like 9pm here when you proposed the detox diet and I agreed... there wasn't time to prepare (buy) what I'll need for breakfast and lunch today at work... is it okay for me to start after work today? get preparations and put together veggies and proper proteins until I get to a shop please please. sorry for inconvenience but I felt I needed to inform you honestly
14 Apr
why Not Jodie..just keep in mind your starting detox date.
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Apr 14, 2016 8:09pm
via Android

First day went alright ☺☺ also had lots of water

15 Apr
wowww..Every great thing happened if you take ist step.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 15, 2016 10:22am
via Android

2nd day logged later: went so well watermelon , apples, banana, strawberry and loquats..water in excess..

15 Apr
3rd day:ended up on good note having strawberry..The best day was 2nd day because of excess of water.btw my fruit stock just finished.A little strawberry left for my morning smoothie..My siblings ate half of my fruit stock.thankGod Tomorrow is my cheat day.
15 Apr
haha great stuff. doing great hey!! :-) :-) I had some grapes, banana for breakfast. lots of water. Cucumber and salads
15 Apr
thats great...i wana add cabbage but that tastes bitter now a days..so just thrown in garbage.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 17, 2016 3:46am
via Android

cheat day passed..It was normal..did not have big cheat like that except for the sugar part(a little sweet)otherwise all ok..water intake was good.

17 Apr
Awesome stuff. very light cheat day... for cheat day I had a grilled chicken Burger and fries
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 17, 2016 4:56pm
via Android

Diet 1: it was sunday.so got time to prepare meals..breakfast: 2 pieces of bran bread with chick peas salad
lunch:oat meal and a lot of cucumber
Dinner: almond pan cakes....
deviation from diet: 4 finger fries which my sister was eating sitting besides me..not fair..I have to control this part.

17 Apr
You got this Sara.. you're better than chips!:-)
17 Apr
oooooo the temptation the of chips... it gets better dear! you've got this!! :-) today I had... breakfast: grilled chicken with salad (late breakfast so wasn't hungry traditional lunch time ) supper: oats and fruit. loads of water thoughout day
18 Apr
you you have good amount of protein Jodie..Do you track calories?
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 19, 2016 10:42am
via Android

Day 2: passed peacefully.
I just decided to install myfitnesspal to track calories.because If calories not noted down, chances to lose the grip from your goal becomes easy so just tracked my calories and it was under control.I am finding difficult to meet the requirement of protein part.Not much choices.( As I do'nt take any protein shake because cant take chemicals like that)

19 Apr
egg, chicken, lentils and beans( fish cant be taken in this hot weather). any other suggestion to take protein more??
21 Apr
Myfitnesspal... I've tried that app and it seemed amazing but it was difficult for me to use at first.. honestly gave up on the app too soon. and when I found random messages coming my way from the community I told myself no... I'm going back to skimble , my only fitness community... :-) where I understand how it works. but counting calories really does keep one in line... but some things I'd eat I also cannot find on that apps food selection : /
21 Apr
you are right Jodie.I also feel difficult to feed my all meals right there...but once you get used it becomes easier.I lost 5 kg before 6 months by using this app.thats why started again.
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Apr 19, 2016 5:52pm
via Android

Going good so far : )  

Feeling good.   Energized. 

19 Apr
thats great
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 20, 2016 2:21pm
via Android

Day 3: calories were under control.But at night I ate whole grain bread with some vegetable.I should not eat that.
but nothing was left at home and i was hungry..Fruit have natural sugar so trying to not take much fruits.but eating vegetables especially cucumber.Now me going to start green tea one cup a day although its quite hot here I do not know its a good idea or not to have green tea in this hot weather.

21 Apr
Green tea is always good I suppose . but yes I also don't like hot drinks during warm or hot days... doing so good Sara. I'm trying... last night there was only chicken pie and only this seed bread I could take to work... sigh... back to shopping soon
21 Apr
I think When you start diet.It ultimately means money is going to spend ...haha..
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 21, 2016 3:35pm
via Android

Day :4 Just tracked calories for today and yesterday.and I surprised to see my calories were under 1000 and fitnesspal telling me you should eat more..what I supposed to eat more?lol...I ate bran bread and egg in breakfast...in lunch I took oat meal..as snack I took watermelon and strawberry and in dinner steam chicken with vegetables...what else I should eat..surprised..

21 Apr
Haha try anything nice in your house and check it's calories :-) mini treat if it's "bad" to make up for that. 1000 calories too little is a huge gap.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 23, 2016 6:39pm
via Android

Day 5:late logging..It was just ok b3cause calories were more than 1200 like 1300 as I was not fulfilling calories for last couple of days may be because I ate a little rice..thats not good..Due to extra calories I found energy to workout.☺ may be that has burn.

24 Apr
I find it a little worrying hun. because one needs energy to perform and to do exercise... I've seen that the recommended healthy calorie intake is around 2500-3000 for women ... :-) how much have you lost so far cutting down like that? I'll need a calorie counter too but people are always telling me to not be too strict and workout
24 Apr
this calorie intake was told by myfitnesspal(famous app).
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 23, 2016 6:44pm
via Android

Day 6: Today It was my cheat day.I had 2 large pieces of pizza fajita.love it..I ate pizza just considering the fact" sudden in5ske of fat burns Fats"☺.I took one cookie from some passenger sitting besides me.. Do'nt kill me ok..I ate that cookie because That was absolutely new and appealing for me.took just one.plus I knew in the morning that I can have cheats today..Good part is that Today I managed flour of oats..yeahhh..bread(Roti) made from oats was delicious.did not count calories yet.stay updated.☺

28 Apr
not too bad hun. don't feel too bad. you're doing amazing. my water intake as been made (by an app according to my weight ) to be 1800ml a day
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 26, 2016 9:31am
via Android

Day 7: calories taken 1130..and ratio between carbs proteins and fats not exactly right.taken 56 %carbs but the goal was 50%.I did worked out as well.

26 Apr
Very well done Sara! when is day 12 ? that was cheat day again? :-) I am proud that you're tracking calories. I tried it sometime ago. It worked well but I also lost energy
26 Apr
do what which suits your body.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 27, 2016 8:10pm
via Android

I follow the green monday detox. Green juices all day, if I feel hungry I eat some nuts, Tuesday gluten free and the rest of week I am back to human.

28 Apr
Nice one. I wish I had a juicer to achieve some green juice combos. :-) and by "back to being human" ... eat whatever? pizza, burgers, rice, etc?
28 Apr
Hi Defania..is it some special detox because it looks quite different all the week.How it works to lose weight?
28 Apr
yeah jodie i also wanted to ask whatever .....How is it possible..look at her body..definitely she do not eat pizza burger fries all the week.
28 Apr
Jodie i love cook and do it everyday, i've been in this detox mode for 3 months is kind funny i'd thought i would feel weak cause monday is a very active day for me, i walk a lot, swim but i feel full of energy.
28 Apr
I don't eat rice often i like easy recipes. Ieat eggs, sweet potatoes, beans, salads, free-gluten pancake, homemade chocolate cookies, vegetables, cheese.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 28, 2016 11:44am
via Android

Day 8: cals=1005 water intake is important again but I could not take more than 8 glasses..I hit the protein goal due to lentils and nuts.Carbs a little more once again.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 28, 2016 12:43pm
via Android

Sara R u make me laugh, i do eat pizza lol, but my weakness is chocolate. I stopped controlled my weight when I decided have a different eat healthy approach: Is everything about balance.

28 Apr
yeah balance is everything
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 28, 2016 12:46pm
via Android

you get me wrong defania.you just said rest of week days normal diet..so how this diet works..a bit surprised.but may be that suits your body.I also njoy pizza but not weekly basis its like one per month.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 28, 2016 4:09pm
via Android

Is it work??

28 Apr
what?
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Apr 29, 2016 8:33am
via Android

Today...  before I forget what I had...  grapes...  lemon water...   oats with bits of raisens etc.     For lunch...  maybe something sinful
Didn't bring lunch to work.  Must buy. 

29 Apr
you know I hate instant buying at workplace..because often we do not get foodie what we want..so we terrible things.Thats why i beleive in meal planning before
29 Apr
I should start meal prepping yes but have no idea what to do. I need to read about it
Image_thumb
24 Posts
May 1, 2016 11:33am
via Android

Day 10: It was absolutly under control.50%carbs,18 % fat and 32% protein.

Image_thumb
24 Posts
May 2, 2016 9:51am
via Android

Day11: I took it as a cheat day because I was not having energy.cheat day included pizza ahhh delicious and strawberry vanilla icecream.love it.Oats were also included in lunch but i think there was no benefit of oats after pizza.

02 May
Same here. was out with family and had nachos, but fruit earlier, grilled chicken
Image_thumb
38 Posts
May 3, 2016 8:16am
via Android

Hey hey!  Still going strong I see.    My diet may have to change I realise since I'd like to do some weight training,  I'll need more protein.      XOXO

04 May
thats great Jodie.protein sources are very few and keep in mind excessive protein leads to problens in kidneys.
Image_thumb
38 Posts
May 3, 2016 2:50pm
via Android

Today...  breakfast:  avo , milk tart Lol
Lunch,: sweet potatoes,  chicken breast and spicy rice.  Small portions.

03 May
I liked the sweet potatoes
04 May
Are you in on the diet Defania.? :-)
04 May
I think I'm out . can't do diet I bake every week and I'm already vegetarian, i hate be so restrited.
04 May
love sweet potatoes too.I steam them and Jodie you eat white rice?
04 May
Makes sense ... :-)
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 4, 2016 11:30am
via iOS
This workout would go great with that  Weight killer
05 May
thanks for your suggestion Eric.
09 May
Nice wo Eric
Image_thumb
38 Posts
May 11, 2016 6:24pm
via Android

How are you doing??     

12 May
hi Jodie.Not doing good.needed the break because I am having some problem and since the last post I am not doing any k8nd of diet because my body felt depriving of nutrients in those 12 days.I think I need a break of 3 or 4 days more then will start again with better one.but i wana mention here that I am not eating junk food or taking sodas.
12 May
olé to no junk food,if you could stick to it you don't need ever again to do diet and would be great for your body and healthy
13 May
but Defania my body fat is very stuborn.not melt easily.I eat junk food once in a week but my body faces small changes.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51