How do you stop binging??

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
145 Posts
Apr 13, 2016 8:19pm
via iOS
I fail at this like once a week or every 2 weeks and it sucks. I am good for a while and then fall into temptation and overindulge. I hate it. What do you do to avoid this?
13 Apr
Prepare small snacks in between meals for you. There are lots of nut snacks out there that you can eat. If you are craving for a certain food, go for it but you have to limit a small portion. once or twice a week is not bad as long as in small portions and you still have to be active in working out. I hope this helps :)
13 Apr
Yeah binging is a struggle!! I would say just don't deprive yourself of what you crave. Have a cheat day at least once every two weeks. What I do is cheat once every 3 weeks or so. And I count calories! If I am going to cheat I make sure the rest of the week I was eating right. I think this works!! I've been eating good and working out but last weekend I drank alcohol and had burger King (lol my first time trying a double whopper) but when I checked the scale, I actually lost 3 pounds, I...
14 Apr
I am prone to this when I have PMS or very emotional.
15 Apr
If you want to binge do a workout first. The harder the workout the more you can eat. It's cheating but keeps you kind of level.
15 Apr
Thanks, guys! All of your advice helps me a LOT!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Apr 13, 2016 10:47pm
via Android

I just enjoy it then get back on track and try to think of how much worse things could be. I think of it like I exercise and eat healthy so I can eat donuts and not look like I eat donuts.

Besides that, ppl recommend smaller treats during the week, so you're not completely depriving yourself. I find it really difficult to control myself once I eat a little junk, though.

15 Apr
I'm definitely going to try your advice! Thanks!
Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Apr 15, 2016 12:47am
via iOS
There really isn't some magical cure for this. You have to teach yourself to resist. Think about your goals: what is more satisfying, seeing that you achieved your goals or eating that yummy chocolate bar? Be strong as you will "fall off the wagon" and there will be that day or that week that you are disappointed in yourself. But get back up and resume with your training and your journey. Forgive yourself and learn form your mistakes.  Good luck!!
15 Apr
Thank you! This helps me so much
15 Apr
Glad I could help. Keep pushing and don't give up!!
Image_thumb
1021 Posts
Apr 15, 2016 9:20am
via Android

Eat enough. And allow yourself to have some 'bad stuff' every once a while.

I personally like chocolate. So I still eat it almost everyday. I just control my portions. This way I still feel like I can eat whatever I like. But I control my energy intake. Which is always most important.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51