Weight loss food and gym

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
May 3, 2016 1:39pm
via Android

Hi all! Im 170 pound, a size 12, i want to loose roughly 20-25 pounds. I try eating very healthy but then always binge or get a takeaway, so im trying to cut that out I've just joined a gym i an trying to loose weight and tone any advice or tips

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 3, 2016 6:34pm
via Android

Maybe it'll help if you don't start on 100% already. Adding a cheat day to your food planning may make it easier for you not to binge. There are also many healthy, easy and fast recipes in the internet. What about trying something new?
Joining a club or training with friends is great for motivation! Maybe making a fix schedule would help, too(way easier to get up), but as with the food, going softer at the beginning may make it easier to stay on track. And if you do so you may always add exercises. I started at two times workout two times jogging per week and increased later. Maybe you won't have your dream weight within a month already, but when you have it, it's much more likely to stay off.
Good luck!
!! This is only my personal advice, it worked for me and isn't necessarily the best for everyone. I'm not a doctor or other. Just trying to help !!
And I'm sorry for language mistakes...I'm not a native speaker

12342649_10153120974652047_2506922856244985669_n_thumb
3 Posts
May 3, 2016 6:34pm
via iOS
Good morning! So number 1 rule: don't cut everything all at once. I love chocolate, peanut butter, burgers, etc. my biggest weakness is Monster Energy drinks though. On deployments energy drinks became a normal, having to do patrols 3 times a day, and working out twice a day - needed to keep up on the energy. When I came back, the energy drink habit never stopped. It has been a long road, but I have finally gotten from 3 - 4 energy drinks a day to 1 every few days. 

It is a process, however. If you slowly decrease the intake, you will find that you are able to cut back/stop habits. If you stop all at once, however, you are on a path to fail, because you will go nuts when you do get that drink or food again (at least I know that is how it worked for me).

It is ok to have chocolate cake, just have a small portion instead of a large one, and instead of daily, maybe every few days, working to once a week (I am using chocolate cake only as an example).

Drink water. Water does wonders for the body and weight loss! If you get bored of water try putting in a small flavoring like some lime/lemon. And then along with that CARDIO!! I am a huge advocate for daily/every other day cardio. It is a great fat loss killer. But again, make sure you take things in moderation. If you don't run already, don't attempt a 15k run right away: good chance you'll injure yourself.

Last bit of advice: there will be a lot of ups and downs. As you get in a routine, you will be building muscle which is heavier than fat. So don't be discouraged if the scale goes up on occasion! Losing fat is a slow process. If you watch "The Biggest Loser" don't expect the same numbers to happen for you! A healthy weight loss should be a couple of pounds a week, so set realistic, obtainable short term then long term goals. Example: lose 10 pounds in a month for short term: long term: be able to do a 15k in 6 months. 

Hope this helps!
22 May
I appreciate your comment so much. Jonathan B. i jave been so hard on muself because at times i cant get my 3 days in at the gym. then i figure why fo now you aleeady messed up. let it go
Image_thumb
24 Posts
May 3, 2016 6:36pm
via Android

Don't worry about the language you done brilliantly.

Thank you for the advice, I've been doing it for about 2 months i have a cheat day Monday but still find binges happening maybe because i just hit a wall and need to fight against it!

03 May
Thank you. :-) You're gonna rock this! Don't let your mistakes bring you down motivation is probably the most important thing.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
May 3, 2016 6:37pm
via Android

Thank you!!

10373981_10203971334706104_965519347497233631_n_thumb
1 Post
May 20, 2016 12:54pm
via Android

What I have found to be most effective for me is keeping the taste of my favorite dishes, but getting rid of excessive calories. It takes a little time looking online and experimenting in the kitchen, but its worth it!

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 23, 2016 12:55pm
via Android

What do you binge on mostly? Im having the same trouble but, maybe finding an alternative to it. Like when i want chocolate i have fruit with chocolate or these almonds that have coco dusted on them sooooo good.

Image_thumb
1021 Posts
May 23, 2016 3:18pm
via Android

It also could be you just aren't eating enough. Binges usually happen when you get really hungry. It's a lot easier to control when you feel satiated. Maybe it's a good idea to look at the amounts of protein and vegetables you are consuming.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51