One step foward 2 steps back

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jun 3, 2016 10:44pm
via Android

Why does is it I lose 5 pounds and I gain it all back so fast. And what is the lowest calorie intake I should be going by? Right now I have my fitness pal call set for 1300. Most days I follow it,but then I get really hungry and go to like 1600. I've been working out 4 to 5 days per week weight training. And at least 30 mins cardio. Any advice? I'm 5"7 224 pounds and 22. I'm serious about making life changes in my diet and weight

05 Jun
Just stay focused. Push yourself but don't be too hard on yourself, don't overthink things when it comes to the scale. Whether pounds or inches or coming off, just don't give up.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 5, 2016 11:21pm
via iOS
It's tough, but u just gotta keep at it. I was where you are at 1 point in time and portion control and meal planning is by far the hardest part. I learned not to be so hard on myself when I cheated just to keep it moving!
05 Jun
It's hard. Is 1300 cal maybe too low. Because I also get hungrier the more I work out
Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Jun 6, 2016 7:42pm

if you have dropped calories significantly this is your body fighting back because it is used to higher calories so it gives you cravings. Add to that the fact that you are working out as well so you are burning calories then it's no surprise you are are hungry. 

You could try phasing your calories down each week i.e. 1600 the first week, 1500 the next etc but keep your working out consistent. This will mean that you'll lose weight slwoer, but it will improve your chances of not taking the step backwards and giving in to cravings

Image_thumb
59 Posts
Jul 6, 2016 11:32pm
via Android

I can help. Message me if you like.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51