Advice

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 10, 2017 5:55am
via iOS
Hello,

Just wondering if someone cood give me some advice on wish workouts to choose.
I am currently 5.7, 250 pounds and my goal is for the end of this year to have lost at least 30-40 pounds but my overal goal is to loose 100 pounds. So if someone could recommend what workouts to choose and what meals do you people eat. Because was talking to a nutisioinst and he recommended to only eat fruit, vegetables and water until the end of the year if I wanted to see results.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 21, 2017 9:21pm
via Android

It depends on your own body. Yes it will give you results what he/she suggested but in all honesty lose weight = caloric deficit. Working out will aid in muscle development equaling long term more fat burned throughout the day.

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 22, 2017 12:37pm
via iOS
It Depends on your goals. If it is only to loose wait fruits and veggies might be the way to go, but I don’t Like the Sound of that. If you actually want to get In sharpe I would add some protein into the mix.

A mistake I think a lot of people make is to start out to hard. Then they think it sucks, and they won’t be consistant.
For the diet you might start with just drinking more water. Like 2 large glasses before each meal. Then when you get used to that. Add veggies with each meal. When you get used to that. You add a lean pretein for each meal. Then you swich the unhealthy carbs for healthier carbs (ake White Rice-Brown rice etc) the cut out processed sugers, gradually lower Carb intake. Eat fruits for snacks instead of cookies etc. 

For workouts start with something short and easy. Maybe just 5-10 min of something casual every day, and add volume and intensity from there. This way you can get into fitness without hating it, or make excuses (everyone have 5 min a day, and only 5 min is much easier to get started on then 60 min. Don’t start doing intense long sessions before you are allready into fitness.

Ofc you won’t get Quick results that way, but it is a pleasent way to change your life, so don’t worry about results and know they will come eventually.

If you are okay with it being hard, and you haring it. You can start on stronglift 5*5 at the gym, and eat chicken breast (plain) and veggies for each meal. Just make sure you are ready to follow that plan for the next 6months no matter what happens before you start doing that.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,343 topics, 38,278 posts

Motivation & Support

8,528 topics, 41,550 posts

App Updates

43 topics, 104 posts

Ask the Pros

764 topics, 1,952 posts

Workouts and Programs