I am so not good at this dieting thing need help

12 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 12, 2013 11:19pm
via iOS
hi I am a single mom that struggles with depression and have gained a good bit of weight recently have problems with not putting down sodas and I love chocolate but I really need to lose the weight could use a workout buddy or motivation
13 Feb
I have issues with depression, too :/ When I was first starting out, I ate a lot of Indian food; for some reason the spices lifted my sprits! I also keep a food diary online, and that's been helpful recently. [:
13 Feb
I keep track of everything I put into my mouth with my fitness pal app. It really helps put things into perspective and it keeps me accountable. I always weigh myself everyday. Its proven that people who weigh themselves everyday are more likely to lose weight and keep it off because they are focused on the number in front of them, as opposed to weighing yourself once a month and watching that number climb. I also snack frequently. I was never a huge raw veggie fan but I found a lower calorie hummus that I love and it encourages me...
15 Feb
To be honest with you, WebMD has a really great program that's free of charge that allows you to track daily dieting and exercise. It really helps you control the foods you eat and track te calories you are burning.
15 Feb
Thanks for all the wonderful advice
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 13, 2013 12:53am
via Android

Ill help you

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 13, 2013 12:56am
via iOS
would so appreciate the helpĀ 
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 13, 2013 1:13am
via Android

I'm there for you! You CAN do this!!!

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 13, 2013 3:53am
via iOS
Make sure not to eat large meals 3 times a day, but rather small snacks every so often. This is said to increase your metabolism. And do not eat large dinners, eat large breakfasts. If you absolutely cannot give up the candy, set goals and then once those goals are reached reward yourself with the candy(but not too much). Try to go for daily jogs and maybe go try a gym. Hope this helps. Good luck
13 Feb
Thanks a lot will do
Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 13, 2013 9:29pm
via iOS
been working on not drinking the sodas today have been drinking Crystal light seems to help with my sweet tooth is this okay?
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Feb 13, 2013 9:34pm
via Android

Welcome. There is a lot of support here to keep you motivated!

Best of luck.

13 Feb
Thank you if I would've realized all good support that you get with this app I think I would've started a lot sooner
13 Feb
Yeah. Im one of those ppl who cannot stick to dieting or working out but since ive been using this app ive been doing pretty good with my workouts. Just keep your goals in your mind always :)
13 Feb
?How often do you weigh yourself
13 Feb
Today is my one month mark in my "lifestyle change"ive lost 21 pounds and I believe with everything on me you have to have a good support system. Dont wait until its too late. I am 6 points away from diabetes and have other health problems bc of my weight. You have to do it now! I have 2 young daughters 4 and 6. I need to live for them. Dont wait until its too late. You can do this. Its not always about being skinny its about being healthy on the inside and being alive for your child/children. Today...
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 14, 2013 1:19am
via Android

Soda was easily replaced with sparkling water for myself. I am married to a chef, so sweets and crap food are easy access. I have gone onto pintrest for AMAZING DIET RECIPES. A SMALL portion of sweets every once in a while helps me stay on track. Oh eat within 45 min of waking is SUPER important to boost metabolism for the day. GOOD LUCK, AND U CAN DO IT! Im no skinny mini, myself... YET!

14 Feb
If u drink.. know, it slows metabolism by about 75%
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 14, 2013 3:42am
via iOS
don't think of it as a diet. Call it a healthy lifestyle change (: that helps me. Get your family involved! That's what I did (:
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 14, 2013 3:44am
via Android

I use to drink soda, now i hate it

14 Feb
I just recently stopped about a month ago. I occasionally want a dr pepper but the craving is going away (:
14 Feb
I'm right there with you. I think it helps to stop thinking about it as if you have a choice anymore. This is it, your health and happiness demand a change of mind and habit. We can do it, just remember that it will tale time and don't get discouraged. I weigh myself once a week, more often tends to distract me with the number, when there are other positive side effects even when the scale doesn't say so.
Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 15, 2013 2:33am
via iOS
Like I done good today done a workout this morning no sodas all day long and only one piece of chocolate ride my bike for about 20 minutes this afternoon feeling good so farĀ 
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 16, 2013 6:48am
via Android

Keep it up alisha

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51