Eat more, Lose More?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 1:55pm
via iOS
I reached my first plateau and I saw on a YouTube vid that by eating more, I'll increase my metabolism and burn more fat, build more muscle.
Truth in that?
23 Feb
Yes very true! U can find a calorie chart on google too if u feel the need for one! It tells u how many calories ur body needs in a day and as long as u reach that goal ( not less or too much than what u need) if u are wanting to Lose weight then don't work out! If u want to be skinnier AND be stronger then u will want to work out but u will probably maintain the same weight! :) I hope I helped!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 4:40pm
via Android

Eat like a bird. No sit down meals more nuts.greens than fruits and dont mix protein with carbs. keep with your cardio you should see a difference. Also a great i dea would be a digestive cleanse to help illiminate stubborn plateau. Hope this helps.

23 Feb
Eating is a good thing don't starve ur self u need the amount of calories that ur body required otherwise it does automatically turn into fat!:) u may have sit down meals just be sure to work out and don't over eat or u will gain weight! U can find a calories chart for ur height and weight online just look one up on google and put in the CORECT info I hope this helped!
23 Feb
this is all my humble opinion so just food for thought I disagree with calorie counting. there are many nutritious snacks such as nuts and raw oils that contain lots of calories that help sustain energy as opposed to snacks that are low in calories filled with empty calories just for the sake of eating something that's low calorie. I definitely agree with you eating more raw and live foods. nothing to have the package and that would take you a long way. after all it's trial n error everybody is different let us know what you do and your...
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 6:55pm
via iOS
When i reach plateaus, i always take a look at my food journal. Usually i'm eating too much sodium & not drinking enough water &/or too much starch & sugar. A lot of items have hidden sodium & sugars like my favorite condiment Sriracha - loaded with sodium. I STILL forget to check labels - very important to check. Also, i agree with cleanse!! I'll make a food swap, i'll swap out something salty for a fruit. I say go a little more "raw foods" when you hit a plateau. I still think you can cook veggies, but use salt free seasoners like Mrs. Dash.
 In a way you will be "eating more" because if you swap 2 slices of bread (avg 140cals) for say 2 portabello mushroom caps (avg 36cal): you can have 2 small apples (avg 60cals for two), and a fat free yogurt (the kind i get is 60cals) for dessert! This always seems to work for me! Kinda like getting 5 shirts for $150 instead of 2 for $140.  bonus: usually, the veggies feel you up more so you'll only want maybe one apple & yogurt or just one or the other. (Happens to me)
Also, adding another 10min (doesn't feel like much to me) of cardio in the day is a nice turbo boost. 
Good luck in your endeavors! 
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 5:42am
via iOS
Guys!
So I made it a point to increase my caloric intake everyday and lost another 5 pounds. No idea how that happened! Best part is everyday I felt like I was stuffing myself silly.
Awesome!
03 Mar
:-) keep it up.
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 7:10pm
via iOS
Good job, Doll!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51