Inappropriate comments from friends

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 3:34pm
via Android

Through 2012 I went from 180lbs down to 118lbs (I'm 5'3"). It was one of the most challenging things I've ever done, and I'm still looking to lose a few more pounds and tone everything up. I have those lovely lady problem areas, my tummy, thighs, and under arms.
At first everyone was very supportive, the first 20-40lbs I just kept hearing how good I looked and that my friends were proud of me. When I got in the 120s though I started to get comments that made me really uncomfortable. I have a friend that calls me Kate Moss, as a compliment (wtf). I have people tell me I'm disappearing, that I better watch out I'll look anorexic, engage me in a conversation about it at group dinners (awkward), or comment on the amount of food I am or am not eating.
I know some of them mean well, or have displaced jealously, but really this just isn't ok. Especially in a group setting where there's usually people smaller than me and larger than me present.
Obviously the boo-birds aren't derailing me, it's mostly just annoying. I usually just change the subject. I'm really thankful for online groups like this, and if anyone else is experiencing this I SUPPORT THE HELL OUT OF YOU.

26 Feb
Your not dissappearing your getting fit.
27 Feb
I started following u because I love the after pic. let the haters hate. U look awesome.
Icon_missing_thumb
36 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 3:48pm
via Android

Try not to take what they say to heart. You did a great job for losing weight. I wish i was 118lbs again but family and friends give me shit since i was just 130 after i had my daughter. Im down to 125 -128 now. I love food and im only trying to tone up, not lose weight. I support you girl. Your doing the right thing for just wanting to tone your body. Don't let anyone get you down or make you feel like your doing wrong. Good luck girl. Your not alone.

Image_thumb
89 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 5:20pm
via Android

I completely understand. I went from 74kg to 62, complimemts at first now simalar to you. Comments about disappearing etc, ive been 62kg for about 3months!!! One 'friend' said i could find a boyfriend now id lost weight (at a group meal) WTF, so annoying! Ignore the haters, do what feels healthy for you! Good luck x

Image_thumb
157 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 6:08pm
via Android

Great transformation! Take it all as a compliment, and if the guys are single it's just flirting.

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 6:26pm
via iOS
Oh i totally understand ..my cousine had same problems..but what i wanna tell u is ..girl u rocked it !! Really wonderful how motivated you where and how much weight u lost ! Everyone wishes that no matter what they say! Theres a saying : god if u cant make me thin than please make my friends fat . No matter how nice or good your friends may be ..everyone wants to be the sexiest of all friends ..so you just tone it up girl coz u got the right way i guess 
25 Feb
This message made my day. All so true!
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 11:50pm
via Android

The same day I write this I get a comment on a picture to eat a sandwich and an email from a bestfriend (who I've seen once in the past two years because she lives across the country) basically asking if I'm anorexic.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 12:39am
via Android

Ppl dont understand how to choose the right words.cause I.c u.came.a long way and 1day I b dat size maybe 175 is my. Goal im 256 now so I got a long way

Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 2:35am
via Android

First of all you are an AMAZING person and an Inspiration to all of us. People are crazy and say stupid things. When people around us loose weight an  look Fantastic, we tend to feel self conscious and make excuses about why we aren't in shape. We defend ourselves by picking on others ( like how you said you were being called anorexic). Of course this doesn't

Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 2:40am
via Android

Give an excuse for being rude, but we have to try and ignore these comments. Congratulations on your Amazing and Fantastic Accomplishments

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 3:34am
via Android

I get that some times too, it s because they were use to seeing me alot bigger and eating bad. Now i eat alot better and look healthier, i haven t got to the point where they call me skinny but they always say that my clothes look too big on me, i just think gotta do a little shoppin.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51