Problems losing weight

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 5:00am
via iOS
Okay so i'm 20 yo 5'8 and right now 166lbs. I've lost 9 lbs since Jan 30, I was at 175. Until about 2 1/2 years ago I have never weighed over 147, that was me at my highest weight but I was fit, I wore a size 5/6 jeans. I am now in a size 11. I don't know how to shed these lbs. I won't to get down to at least 145 by June. I have a summer vaca. I am very disappointed with how I let myself get so out of shape, it started with freshman 15 but in the past year I've gained 20lbs. Can I have a few pointers?
26 Feb
Chances are a lot of it has to do with nutrition. If you went off to college eating habits change rapidly. Stay away from Starbucks and Soda, and stick to water. That will help to flush your system. Pizza and other delivered items are just pounds waiting to stick to the hips. Snack on fresh veggies instead. Abs start in the kitchen, and when you left the comforts of home and a healthy stocked kitchen and entered the wotld of fast food and dorm cafes the nutritional value of the food decreased. Also, avoid alcohol. Avoid it all together. Its...
26 Feb
I'm no longer staying at college, I'm home taking online classes and working, I've been eating way better foods. Not to mention I gained 6 lbs while pregnant. I want to lose weight but I start and then going without any noticeable changes, I get so discourage and feel that it's a hopeless cause.
26 Feb
Its hard to notice change right away. In all honesty its hard to notice change at all because we are with ourselves 24/7. It goes on way easier than it comes off. But it took a couple years for you to go from 147 to 175. Nothing will happen overnight. And I guarantee that if you put your mind to it...and you dont give up...you will achieve your goals. Its not going to be easy. But I promise you...it will be worth it.
26 Feb
How do I view your whole comment?
26 Feb
I'm not sure. Your post is the first one I ever replied to.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 7:10am
via iOS
Lol okay then, well I'll just take half of your advise... It's all I can see ha thanks!
26 Feb
Looking for help and motivation: check out my FB page: Advosooner
27 Feb
How do you view the shoe coment
27 Feb
How do you view the whole comment
Icon_missing_thumb
60 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 1:05pm
via Android

Take each day one day at a time your journey will be hard and.challenging but it will be worth everything when you see all of your hard work pay off and dont get discouraged when you dont lose the weight as quickly as you like, remember Rome was not built in a day same is true for you now stop feeling sorry for yourself be proud keep your head up and the question of the day for you is are you ready to achieve if so go get it done!!

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 12:43am
via Android

I thought I was the only one with this problem I'm 154 now and 4"11 21yo I use to be very petite now I can't figure out how to get back to my pre baby weight but like a previous post I think it's a mixture of not taking in enough calories and taking in to much sugar I know sugar for sure because I had a Dr tell me that one maybe it's the same for you you can reach your goals you just have to be willing to change your lifestyle

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 1:38am
via Android

If your serious about change, you have to do things different. First diet is a bad word. Its a lifestyle choice. Step 1. Detox your body. Try this out for a change, eat single ingredient foods. This means read the ingredients if its more than 1 put it back. Start your day w/green tea w/ lemon and a lil honey 1tsp. From there you want to divide up your calories. Heres a baaic guide line; weight × 12c = body weight maintained. So for you its about 1900c try 1500c+/- a few no less than 1200c staving yourself will cause ur body 2 go into "hybernation" it will start storing excess cal. which we know becomes fat. Dont go crazy counting. Give yourself a fluxuation range. You want a breakdown of 40% cal. from protien 35% complex carbs & 25% good fats(mono-unsaturated fatty acids) DO NOT CONSUME FOODS W/HYDROGINATED IN THE INGREDIENTS THESE ARE TRANS FATTY ACIDS (Heart disease). Take measurements thats were u will see change. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51