How often should you weigh yourself?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 12:04pm
via iOS
I am just wondering is it better to weigh yourself everyday or once a week?

I do it everyday, and the days I lose are great, but the days it stays the same I feel like crap and don't want to work out.
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 12:42pm
via iOS
Your body weight fluctuates naturally throughout the time of day and day of the week. It's good to weigh yourself everyday for about a week and get to know what the average number is, when you have that number stick to once a week. You should try and focus more on how you're feeling instead of the number you see everyday. If you feel healthy and fit, go with it! If not, adjust your habits and go forward. Best of luck on your journey xoxo
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 2:04pm
via iOS
See if you can try once a month. Follow a good diet plan and keep up with your workouts and the weight should take care of itself. Less anxiety if you do it monthly so you're focused on the goal vice the daily numbers.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 4, 2013 2:05pm
via iOS
When you do weigh yourself, it is best to do it in the morning (don't know if you knew, just thought I'd throw it out there)...
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 3:18pm
via Android

Definitely not everyday I would go with once every two to three weeks. Everyday will only discourage you, not recommended.

04 Mar
Right!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 8:46pm
via iOS
Thanks for all the good advise, I have always done everyday and after so long when I hit a rut and stay the same for a few days I just give up and then put it all back on. Maybe that is why I fail so much, def gonna have to cut back on the scale.
04 Mar
Dont give up! Even the best of us feel like giving up but we dont. At times when your body plateau's we tend to not see results. Try different work outs. Increase intensity! Invest in herbal detox's. Herbal ONLY. Sometimes our internal organs are all clogged up from all the bad stuff we've consumed and therefore holding us back. You'll be fibe. Just dont give up.
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 9:05pm
via Android

In the beginning of my weight lost i weighed in everyday. Then i found out we way less after we have slept. So i weighed in the morning as soon as i got out of bed, as soon as i got out of bed, just b4 i worked out, just after i worked (to see how much water weight ive lost) and just before bed to see the difference between by initial weigh in.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51