Nite snacking

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 11:54am
via iOS
I do great all day sticking to my 1700 calorie diet, but once around 8pm hits I get cravings and find myself on the couch snacking on chips or even a bowl of my kids sugary cereal. We eat dinner around 5:30pm/6:00pm, so its really not that I'm even that hungry. Any tips on ways to curve this?
05 Mar
You should be eating 6 times a day but you need to take your total daily calories you want to take in a d divide that by six. When I do snack, I grab some pistachios or beef jerky both have good protein. Or look for Veggie Straws at the grocery store in the chips section. They are really good. Never met a person that didn't like them.
05 Mar
Sure eat a high fiber dinner. (veggies,grains etc) Even a small portion of oatmeal will help. A lot of times we arent even hungry. We just eat because its there. Drinking lots of water or green tea helps too. Lastly, dont be afraid to go to sleep hungry. You will wake up hungry but thats what u want for breakfast to be your biggest me. Good luck;-)
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 1:28pm
via iOS
Try not to eat at night. In fact, avoid eating three hours before you go to bed. Firstly, it could affect your sleep and because you're sleeping, the food cannot be expended and it'll end up turning to fat.
What I do when I have cravings is to drink a cup of hot tea. The warmth of the tea lessens the hunger pangs and tides me over till the next day.
Still boils down to self-discipline, I guess. Keep telling yourself, 'hmm I'll have it tmr instead.' Try keeping yourself busy and you won't think about snacking much. 
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 2:21pm
via iOS
Look up healthy night snacks on the Internet. I had the same problem. Now I snack on like a light sandwich, wheat crackers, or fruit. Way better than the microwave popcorn, or sugary cereal I did before. Not eating late is best, but if you gotta, you gotta :)
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 4:26pm
via Android

I get cravings too! I just think of all the negative things the food will do to my body. And drinking cold water or eating frozen orange slices keeps my cravings away.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 4:56pm
via Android

A silicon mat and thinnly sliced potatoes put in the microwave until start to change color. Let cool and you have potato chips.  I also get a spoon of peanut butter on occassion.  Mostly my snack is salsa and veggies.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 9:13pm
via iOS
You probably need to eat more throughout the day. If limiting yourself to 1700 calories is leading you to snacking beyond that at 8:00, then I think you would be better off just increasing your calories so that you can stop eating after dinner. You naturally burn more calories during the day so it makes sense to eat more during the day vs night!! 
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 9:27pm
via Android

Drink a glass of milk when you get the cravings fat free or 2% milk of course.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Mar 7, 2013 8:22pm
via Android

U could try snacking on something healthier like fruits, some times i snack on grapes or strawberries.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 7, 2013 9:01pm
via iOS
Usually when I find myself wanting to snack later in the evening I reach for a giant glass of water, I also keep a 50 oz bottle next to my bed. And if I want something tastier. I'll brew chamomile tea with lemon and honey or agave. It relaxes me and puts my hunger in check. 

These are some of my go-to healthy snacks...
Celery sticks with peanut butter for sweet cravings,  apples- honeycrisps are my favorite!!!
I love triscuits olive oil salt & pepper for savory crunchy snacking. Wheat thins are also good, they have a ton of new flavors and are minimally processed. 

There is a food scan app called fooducate. Try it out, it grades foods you scan and keeps a library of all your scans and will tell you why the food is good or bad. 

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 7, 2013 11:25pm
via Android

Im guilty

Icon_missing_thumb
135 Posts
Mar 9, 2013 3:26pm
via Android

I crave to. what I do is I go watch a T.V and them
I totally forget I wanted a snack. sometimes a actiony show is good.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51