Weight loss and working in fast food

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 8, 2013 5:03am
via iOS
Hi everyone. I've been working in a fast food restaurant for about two years now and have gained about 40 pounds being there. Just started my diet couple weeks ago. It's very hard to say no when all I am around is the yummiest food in the world. Any tips on how to rid temptation? Thanks!
08 Mar
Bring your own food. Sandwich fruits salads special k granola bars I like those. I also make my own protein drinks I use the blender ball and also use the bullet blender that one you seen in TV and bring them to work. It's pretty convenient. Bring your own tea. Don't drink soda. If you can, eat before you go to work. I work at a restaurant so it's hard sometimes to stay away from it. But just try to drink allot of water or tea and bring your own healthy snacks. It has helped Allot for me.
08 Mar
Hi..its not that easy most especially in ur case lol... When all the temptations are around u.. But make it to a point not to get hungry to save urself for craving foods.. Do drink lots of water if u have time and thats my #1 rule and this will keep u feeling full and help resist unnecessary cravings..have a healthy snack like fruits,nuts and salad..monitor ur weight and remind urself of ur goal..hope all of this help u even a little bit.. Gudluck Girl :D
08 Mar
Thanks guys!
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Mar 8, 2013 5:16am
via iOS
Hmm its true its delicious in the mouth..but when you look at it,just think about your favourite dress,bikini or clothes..and how all this delicious fat,will unable you to enter in those
08 Mar
So true! Thanks :)
623560_100000469612999_103273453_n_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 8, 2013 5:17am
via Android

I thought tea was bad for you?

08 Mar
I drink allot of green tea I kno that is good for your body cleans you out has antioxidants very good :-)
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 8, 2013 5:36am
via Android

Maybe search the area... find gross things about your store. Maybe dust above the stove, see how well people really clean stuff... its not a pretty site, but maybe youll see something that will gross you out from eatting there. Another option what I do, when spending money. I see a shirt that is really pretty. I hold it up and say okay this shirt cost 10 dollars and I make $9.50 an hour. Then i ask myself, is it really worth an hour of my hard earned money??? Maybe you can think about that number five that cost 6 dollars. Is it really worth 45 mins of your hard earned money that you get from you working???? :) hope that helps

08 Mar
Thank you! That does help!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 9, 2013 7:58am
via iOS
If its mot to much of a hassle, get a new job! Maybe apply for a job at a bikini store then you can think to yourself if I eat healthy and exercise ill buy this and buy the end of the summer I'll look good in it! Or something like that
09 Mar
I worked in a warehouse, if you find physical work you will lose weight pretty quick. Pays better than fast food too.
Image_thumb
157 Posts
Mar 9, 2013 10:06am
via Android

You have to pack a lunch and healthy snacks! That's how I avoided the vending machines at work.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 1:48am
via Android

I bet its free if she works there, thats why it can be hard to reist

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51