4 posts | Original | Recent
20 Posts
Mar 24, 2013 8:06pm
via iOS
I have this one friend who's already thin but doesn't play any sports. She's not active and doesn't watch what she eats. Then a few weeks ago she started working out and she's lost probably 10 pounds already. It's annoying because she's not doing intense workouts, I'm pretty sure she still eats what she wants, and because her body isn't used to it, she loses the weight. She's done this before too. She'll tell me how excited she is because she lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks or so and then goes back to normal and stops working out.

I never stop working out. I personally have much more weight that I need to lose than she does. I've been going at for a month and I've lost 7 pounds. The reason? I'm constantly active and never have an off season so most workouts can't challenge my body enough. It's just irritating how she doesn't have to work nearly as hard as me, and gets better results. Anyone else have this problem?

And it's not just her either. Because I'm so active, in order for me to lose weight, I REALLY need to workout. Which involves a lot of high cardio activity I order for my body to get sore or notice a difference. Simple workouts without cardio do nothing for me. For example, the "Lose 10 in 2 weeks" workout that someone posted not too long ago did not make me sore. At all. I had a volleyball tournament the next day and this workout that was supposed to be so hard so as to make me lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks did not affect my playing the next day in the slightest. While that may be a good thing, it's frustrating how hard I have to work when it comes off so easily for others.
20 Posts
Mar 24, 2013 8:54pm
via iOS
I do weight train at least once a week most of the time a lot more
24 Mar
It'll happen just be patient and know you're building a new you and a healthy you!
20 Posts
Mar 25, 2013 2:39am
via iOS
25 Mar
Muscle burns fat, so if u workout with weights at least 3 days a week 30 minutes a pop, you'll lose the weight with a quickness! I did just that without doing any cardio whatsoever!
60 Posts
Mar 25, 2013 8:04am
via Android

Weight training 3-4 times a week has made a big difference for me. I don't look at the scales now either.

Try measuring yourself then do it again in a month. Working your legs especially is beneficial as they are your largest muscle group and ignite burning energy all over your body and long after you've finish.

Cardio work stops burning calories the moment you stop moving although its great for your cardiovascular system and if its something you enjoy but not necessary for fat loss. Plus you are probably burning muscle and fat hence weight loss as you are not working to train you muscles.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51