Any advice?

3 posts | Original | Recent
7 Posts
Mar 29, 2013 10:55pm
via Android

i am 13 years old, 5'2, approx 60kg. I wouldnt say im obese but i feel very uncomfortable in my own skin. My goal is to lose 10kg by the middle of June...Since last month, i have been on a 1200 calorie diet, completely cutting out junk, & i go jogging for 30minutes every day, but i havent been seeing any result. Can anyone give me any advice? Thank you

226 Posts
Mar 29, 2013 11:31pm
via iOS
Are you doing endurance running or sprint running? Endurance running is basically running at a certain speed for a certain period of time, and sprinting alternates from heavy sprinting to walking. Endurance running releases a stress hormone called cortisol; cortisol actually makes you gain weight. Sprint running is better for loosing weight, because it releases less cortisol and makes your heart rate fluctuate significantly. Not only that, sprint running also burns less protein and more fat in general. HIIT is great, too. You may want to increase your caloric intake by 200 calories or so as well, because you do not want your body to think that you are starving it. When your body goes into starvation mode, it holds onto as much fat as possible. 

Hope this helps!
30 Mar
i actually do endurance running right now, so i will take on your advice, and try sprint running. i also may add a piece of extra fruit here&there, although i very rarely feel hungry...thank you! :)
2 Posts
Mar 29, 2013 11:37pm
via Android

You are only 13. Your body is young and growing everyday. You are def not obese. There is nothing wrong with wantin to take care if ur self and bein healthy is alway the right way. I av a near 15yr daughter, and my advice to her is eat wat eva she wants, but in proportion. Cut down the quanity or even the size of wat u eat food out of, i.e eat ice-cream out of a mug not a bowl. Fill ur plate with veg and salade and a little meat or fish. It wud be better for u to do short burst of exercise which raise ur heart rate than runnin 30min every day. But more than anything, jus learn to love wat u see in the mirror and know that everybody is different, dnt try to be anybody but ur self.

30 Mar
short bursts of exercise...i definitely will try that :) i will take on board the other useful pieces of advice too,thank you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51