Fat but skinny?

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 5:22am
via Android

I have skinny arms and legs but a fat tummy and I don't think its healthy. I am pretty much vegan bc I mainly eat veggies and plants only so y am I so oddly proportioned?! Any help or ideas on how to fix this?

623620_100000115113426_189384199_n_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 8:17am
via iOS
I am also a skinny girl but my stomache appears to becoming flabby & I hate it! I can wear a bikini but when I sit down, I have a serious bulge. What excercises are u doing for ur tummy & how long @ a time do u do it?
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 8:24am
via iOS
Im also a vegan and the problem is fruit fat sometimes sit in the stomach area. Try doing some core and ab exercises, they help.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 1:40pm
via Android

I try stuff like crunches and plyometric exercises but I'm still pudgy :C

04 Apr
Try torso twists, push ups, ext
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 2:04pm
via iOS
It got nothing to do with the kind of fat you eat. Each person has their own place where the body stores most fat. Stored fat isn't just the fat you eat, it's also carbs that the body turns into fat. So eating different fats won't do the trick.
What you can do is make sure you don't eat too much carbs, both complex (bread, pasta, rice etc) and simple (mostly sweets). Also don't eat too much fat.
Keep in mind that doing ab exercises won't reduce the amount of fat you have, but simply enlarge your abdominal muscles so they are more visible (solution for guys).
Try doing cardio exercises, everything that burns a lot of calories - running, swimming, hiking, cycling etc.

Hope I helped 
Neta
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 11:10pm
via Android

I pretty much know what u mean abt carbs and fats and I normally watch both and stay hydrated too. I've tried everything but nothing helps I was hoping someone may know something I don't but tyvm anyways

Image_thumb
80 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 4:37am
via Android

Ab exercises wont because they just make your abs stronger but you still have that layer of fat over them so burn that layer of fat by doing exercises that burn the most fat

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 4:39am
via Android

Oh ok but what exercises burn fat effectively?

05 Apr
You probably didn't read to the end, I talked about exercising. Try doing cardio exercises, everything that burns a lot of calories - running, swimming, hiking, cycling etc.
Image_thumb
80 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 9:15am
via Android

You should search up sixpackshortcuts.com it has a video that shows you about the afterburn effect which helps you burn calories after you workout you should check it out. Its very helpful.

623620_100000115113426_189384199_n_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 11:58am
via iOS
Hey I was reading what u sent to Liz about crunches making abs hard... It's the new layer of fat I'm starting to notice being to hang right above my panty! Help!! What do u suggest?
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 1:41pm
via Android

Tyvm everyone who answered ill definitely do more cardio and look up the afterburn affect, and from what I've gathered ab exercises makes your tummy poke out more so less of those! Again ty 4 the help :)

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 1:42pm
via Android

Neeta said to try doing mote cardio and Ehesen said to look up the afterburn affect. I think it might work :)

275190_20303182_181088948_n_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 2:28pm
via iOS
Yoga poses like plank, side plank work really well to tighten up your mid-section. Exercises for your transverse abdominus will give you a more hour glass shape since it wraps around your middle.  Cardio is what is going to really help burn off the fat layer though. Also, following the rule of eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper is good too. That way you have enough time to burn off the calories you ate throughout the day. Keep a food journal to see if there's any way you can improve your nutritional intake :) hope that helps!!
06 Apr
Tyvm for telling me abt that rule. I used to eat 6-7 small meals a day, and it was hard XD.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 3:01pm
via iOS
Im just talking from personal experience. Not everybody loses weight the same. So experiment
06 Apr
That's also a good idea!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 5, 2013 6:19pm
via iOS
I have the same problem and its mainly with the lower part of my belly 
06 Apr
I have that too I think it's common
06 Apr
Its ok I think a lot of ppl have a fluffy tummy, and I've gotten a lot of info from this so hopefully u do too :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51