Work outs to target specific ares?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 10:49am
via Android

Well, lets just say i have a LOT of work. I'm a constant 145lbs since giving birth15 months ago. Its not a horrible number but i do know its pretty overweight for a woman at 5'1".

Anyways, im tired of looking in the mirror and not seeing what i want to see; sux months later, im kicking my butt for the progress i could have made by now. So this is me looking for help.

The problem areas:
The tummy wiuld definitely be priority, losing overall body weight and getting rid of that baby fat!
Id like to lose some weight around my shoulders and underarms.
Tone my butt and thighs.
And get a healthier lifestyle and weight of at most 120.

Anyone have ideas? Im not athletic, in any way, but im dying to get back to my prior self before having a baby and i think ive finally found my motivation.

Id also like to find tips on how to eat healthier and when to eat or not to eat, as fiod seems to be a VERY big issue.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 11:30am
via iOS
Losing 'local' fat doesn't really exist. Make sure your diet is right (hate the word, but just make sure you eat healthy), and try to add some muscle. Most women fear becoming a bodybuilder, but you'll def slim down, especially in the beginning as a pound of fat encompasses much more mass than a pound of muscle. Do not crash diet, as that will mostly burn muscle, rather than fat. If there's anything you don't want, it's losing muscle.

For your cardio, try interval training, rather than the low intensity fat loss programs on your gym's treadmills and cross trainers. Try to hit a heart rate of around 80% of your max (220 minus your age is your max). Once you hit that slow down for about a minute, then try to increase your heartrate again. You might notice you'll burn less calories during the workout, but the afterburn (48 hours after) is much higher.

For your legs and but, the most basic and effective exercises are squats and deadlifts. Be careful though, so ask for advise on the right form in your gym.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 9:42pm
via Android

Thank you very much! Hardest part of losing weight and toning up is knowing where to start.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 9:43pm
via Android

Thanks for the workout recommendation, definiyely will try it out!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51