So you have belly fat and you want abs........here's how!

109 posts | Original | Recent

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 6:39am
via iOS
If you have belly fat crunches and sit ups will make things worse.1. You have to focus on loosing the fat first. One hour walk in the morning on an empty belly (slow cardio) followed by 10 mins of intense interval training. This is the perfect start. Will burn alot of fat and keep your metabolism high through the day. 2.WATCH WHAT YOU EAT! Sugar is your enemy also refined carbs and processed meat. Burning more calories than you consume is the key... This doesn't mean dont eat. It means eat healthy. 3.Drink only water and alot of it. 4. Start a weight training programme. Lean muscle helps burn fat. Start doing ab exercises when you reach the muffin top stage...
13 Jan
I am actually trying to eat in the mornings. Instead of eating porridge first thing should I take a breakfast bar with me for after I have walked?
13 Jan
Thanks for that, I do have a belly that just appeared out of nowhere, this is very helpful
14 Jan
yes you can do that
14 Jan
So there's this drink called the 48 hour Hollywood miracle diet.. Would you recommend it??? I guess all you consume is this beverage for 48 hours and you lose 10 lbs....???
14 Jan
thats bullcrap, don't bother with those money making, cheap quality products.
Image_thumb
217 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 7:09am
via iOS
Great advice! But why do sit ups and crunches make it worse?
06 Apr
Sit ups don't burn much calories. You making your abs bigger underneath so it will make your belly look bigger
06 Apr
Ohhhhh thankyo:-)
06 Apr
Your welcome
06 Apr
But will crunches and sit ups help after you've lost belly fat?
06 Apr
Yes it will help alot
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 8:33am
via iOS
If I loose my belly fat will I not feel more cold 
06 Apr
Get the six pack and cuddle up with a girl
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 12:52pm
via iOS
Is there any program on hear that u recommend for belly fat ?
06 Apr
To be honest I haven't tried any programs from here. But any program that works mostly on getting slim and burning body fat I recommend to you
29 Jun
This is really helpful
02 Nov
There's a program I'm doing called slim & trim and I'm seeing progress. I also did 6 Pack Abs and my stomach looked toned. Key to that program to see the results is diet
02 Feb
Hi Ameer, I've been reading your posts for while and you give clear answers. It's best to do a full body workout or split your routine into body parts? I don't need to loose weight. I just want to see muscle definitation. Thanks.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 1:23pm
via iOS
thank you
11 Apr
Are u sure it will work????
16 Jun
Of coarse I'm sure why would I create a topic about it lol
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 16, 2013 5:31pm
via iOS
Hey Ameer, what are your favourite cardio workouts or exercises to burn belly fat?
16 Jun
Mountain climbers work like magic. Also leg lifts, planks, burpees and high knee raises
16 Jun
Yeah I find mountain climbers & burpees are the best. Do you recommend full plank or elbow plank and when I do leg lifts I feel it more in my legs than my core... Why is that?
16 Jun
In my opinion I feel elbow planks are better because you are eliminating your forearm which assists in the plank. More pressure on your core.
16 Jun
Yes! I totally agree with you because when I do a full plank my arms and shoulders become sore and it's more difficult to keep my body straight.
16 Jun
You must correct your form... Correct way to do leg lifts... Lay flat on your back. Keep your legs together and lift using your core. Focus using power from your core to lift your legs
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 2:03pm

So glad I found this post! A lot of the HiiT I've been doing from this site has situps and crunches in it and I've noticed specifically this past week that my tummy is crazy sticking out.. still! Even though I'm clearly losing fat from everywhere else.

Its been confusing and depressing!! So this is why. Nice to know and very easy to fix my routine to stop doing those. THANK YOU!!

21 Jun
You are most welcome... Feel free to post if you need anymore help
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 7:21pm

Actually I've just been doing what you recommended. When my workout calls for ab work I sub in jogging or wall pushups (still trying to build stamina) or "weight lifting" (with glass spaghetti jars - holy cow they work great to get a good burn on!)

AND happily I can finally do burpees! I hate them, but I can finally do them so I'm really proud.

Your advice was awesome.

28 Jun
That feels amazing knowing it helped you also...good luck... And feel free to do new exercises and increase duration of the morning walk
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 7:52pm
via Android

I need help

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 7:52pm
via Android

Im so fat

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 8:27pm
via iOS
Thanks for the advice man. I've been trying to get back my 6 pack.

I just did some cardio and running on an empty stomach and I'm already seeing some outlines on my lower abs! 
29 Jun
Keep it up dude hope you get that six pack
24 Mar
Do you mean thar its better to workout without eating first??
Icon_missing_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 29, 2013 8:46am
via Android

When is the right time to focus on abs? How flat is a flat tummy?

29 Jun
12% body fat or lower.. When your belly is not sticking out..... Look at yourself side view in the mirror and you will know if you've got a flat tummy.. If you've got a small bit of fat in your lower Ab region then it's ok to start doing ab exercises.... As long as your belly is not budging and you can see top four abs
29 Jun
How can I achieve flat tummy? Been trying for a month plus and not much results :/
29 Jun
If you want a flat tummy then follow my advice on this post.... Follow exactly what I say.. And you will see fast results
23 Jul
What was the advice ? I would love to know as well! :)
15 Sep
View my advice on the bottom of this post lol.
Image_thumb
209 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 11:18pm
via iOS
Okay so this is what I noticed walking does shrink my belly but it also slims me takes away from my curves and the little butt I do have but squats kinda help it but hey maybe I should start back walking again....
22 Jul
Walk before breakfast*
23 Nov
The key is before you take in food for the day. Many body builders use that technique especially as they close in on competition time. I found it by a accident. My schedule dictated I had to work out in the morning and it created wondrous results in the bf% loss.
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 6:45pm
via Android

So walk before breakfast and then what type of workouts??

15 Sep
Whatever you want to do. Press ups, sit ups, squats, jumping jacks. You can do whatever workout that will help you achieve your goal.
15 Sep
but I thought you said sit ups don't help with belly fat?
15 Sep
That's if your belly is big enough that ou can't see your abs. Some people have smaller bellies where you can see your first two abs on the top. When you come to that stage then it's ok to start with ab workouts.
15 Sep
Ok so I'm 5'2 and 176. I can't see my abs at all so star with this 1st?
15 Sep
Start with no ab exercises. Then when you slim enought to see those 1st two then start the ab exercises.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 10:22pm
via Android

Just for the guys (and girls) on here who are into weighttraining and are cutting by doing morning cardio. If done on an empty stomach thiss will take lots of glycogene out of your muscels. Better way to do the early cardio is on quick protein meal/supplement. You need those amino acids!

16 Sep
I also used to do that then after watching TMW on youtube (very famous fitness Channel) I've been weightlifting on an empty stomach and eating 2 hours after my workout only when I'm on a cut. They say your body will only use your glycogen storage after a day and will use your fat storage instead.. I've tried this it works well. Works for them also.
17 Oct
I dont totally get what you mean with use glycogen after a day? Isnt it ways the day after?
18 Oct
Sorry rappa only noticed your comment now.. Wait I'll send you a personal message our comments are getting cut of here..
22 Nov
Very interesting .. This is what I was concerned with
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 10:57am
via Android

So all you are saying is no breakfast and also no crunches. Do an hour of cardio and it will help loose weight and especially the beer belly fat. Am I missing a post or is it really just this ?

16 Sep
Lol I believe I've made my post pretty clear
11 Apr
Are u saying to not eat before I work out?
Image_thumb
392 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 11:40am
via Android

What if I can't walk for an hour in the morning?

16 Sep
Then do it ASAP. If you busy during the day do it in the evening. Your burning at least 200calories from an hours walk. Followed by your hitt workout.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 4:25am
via iOS
@jeremy c... If you only drink water you that means you can save your calories for food. Water has 0 calories. And how can drinking only water result in dehydration, water is meant to hydrate your body. People never have Gatorade before. Electrolytes you get through fruit. And exercising in the morning on an empty stomach means your body is using the fat stored as energy and not the meal you just ate. So eating on an empty stomach you help you loose fat quicker. I've been exercising on an empty stomach for a a month now and I've had no cramps. Been getting amazing weightloss results. And thousands of people also exercise on an empty stomach and also been getting great results. If you experience cramps then you need too eat more carbs for supper. And let me tell you something about this science crap. Don't believe it! They can't do research on everyone on earth. Everyone's body is different. What works for you might not work for someone else. So if my advice doesn't work for you you don't have to follow it.
05 Oct
Lol I thought the same thing. How can this guy be saying if you drink water you'll be dehydrated? Gatorade is useless calories for most people and the goals they have for working out
18 Oct
Ameer I was waiting for that response. :-)
18 Oct
I never noticed his comment until I came to check up on somebody else that posted here. Phew... Lucky I saw it lol
19 Nov
Did any of u get certified in NSCA? I went to school, I also worked out with celebrity personal trainers and funny how they said the same thing... hmmm but u are gonna believe what u want,I'm not gonna force knowledge on ignorant conceited stubborn people who are gonna believe what ever they want...also when I was doing search and rescue In kaneohebay Hawaii I was drinking 5 gallons a day,but somehow I was rushed to the emergency room and it turned out the DR said he had to put me on an electrolyte drip iv because he also said...
19 Nov
Drinking only water and a lot of water won't result in dehydration.. Depends on your definition of a lot. My advice worked on hundreds of people and none on them got dehydrated Hey bro I'm not ignorant. I'm willing to learn also.. Show me proof.. I'm not perfect..
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 17, 2013 10:14pm
via Android

Awesome advice from this site!

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Nov 13, 2013 1:47am
via Android

is it a must to go for a walk in the morning? Or you can do it in the evening?

13 Nov
Evenings fine. As long as you do it. Morning is better because it gives you a great mental and physical boost for the day and keeps your metabolism high. But evening is fine.. Most importantly you doing the walk
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Nov 13, 2013 2:31am
via Android

Agree. When I wake up. I have my creatine. Cup of green tea and then black coffee. Do walking on treadmill with incline.
Eat breakfast.then 1-2 hours later go gym, weights and then 30 min high intensity treadmill.

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Nov 13, 2013 10:31am
via Android

Thank you so much.

13 Nov
You're welcome
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 3:35am
via Android

So walking water no sugar watch what your eating and exercise. Im 29 and want abs before im 30.... Anything i missed?

19 Nov
Read my post again and you will know exactly what to do..
19 Nov
My tips are on point form
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 1:50pm
via Android

How many litres of water day shall I drink??

19 Nov
3 litres for an average person that exercises.
19 Nov
Minimum
19 Nov
Btw m 17.5 years old.... And does drinking water reduces stamina??
19 Nov
For you 2.5 litres minimum.. While you working out take a sip in your rest periods. Don't. Drink too much while you working out it could lead to stomach pain and drowsiness.. You can drink a lot after your workout and 2-3hours before your workout
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 2:11pm
via Android

Brother which exercise shall I do as I don't have enough time since I have to study and also sure drinking reduces stamina???

19 Nov
What's your goal?? No drinking water won't reduce your stamina
19 Nov
I have a very busy time table and can take out maximum 15 minutes for a workout since the other time is for studies, i prefer any workout which will benifit me more.... I want to lose fat and get some strength and abs and I already have a good build but need to improve it... Please suggest me with some good exercise and also I don't have any gym sets.... Thank you
19 Nov
Bro just a good exercise which help in building muscles and burns lot of fat would be nice but maximum duration 10-15 min
19 Nov
Choose any muscle building workout on skimble that's 15 mins or shorter.. Eat healthy and increase your protein intake..
22 Nov
Is creatine good or bad when trying to loose belly fat and tone up??? I'm 6'1" 209lbs, in school i was toned up at 148lbs but really skinny. I want to loose my stomach, build more muscle...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51