Losing weight doesn't have to be a losing battle!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 8, 2013 9:29am
via iOS
Being BIG all my life sucked! I used my gr8 personality and humor to help me get thru alot of rough patches and my big belly. Im living proof that once u put your mind to losing weight and follow a specific program u can drop weight no problem. As long as u can finally make up your mind and stay focus! It took me several times to finally lose weight and once i put everythin together, training correctly and dieting, it finally clicked on all cylinders! Theres alot of ppl on this site with gr8 points and we are all here for our own reasons. I for one jes wanna make sure to welcome u to skimble and let u kno that u dont hafta be alone during your fitness journey. Good luck and stick it thru. See how it goes for a coupla months. Your program shouldnt jes start at the gym, it seriously needs to happen in the kitchen as well! The only thing u should lose is your unhealthy ways/body!
09 Apr
Simple but moving points. Congratulations on the transformation! Keep doing what you're doing. :)
10 Apr
Working out with you since October and seeing you change is an inspiration. What have you done on the nutrition side? I know we don't really discuss this on our workout days, so I'm curious.
10 Apr
All I'm doing is watching calories really. I do watch sugars, processed foods, and fried foods. I try to eat more veggies and drink more water daily. One other secret I have is drinking my morning shots of coffee or a cup of white tea, I tend to hold off on eating very much in the morning when I have either one first. Whey protein shakes (syntha-6) have helped me with my recovery from workouts and I feel like its also helped me suppress my mid day snacking and has added some muscle too.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 9, 2013 5:22am
via iOS
Thanks for your post! Stirred something in me! I have been up and down my whole life but I'm really ready for a life style change, not just a diet. My husband is starting to get on board too!
10 Apr
I wish u and ur husband luck. Once u find what works for u jes stick with it until ur goal is reached. It takes time but once u get there, it was all worth the wait (and weight off)!
10 Apr
Oh check out myfitnesspal app, I gave it a try for a month and it took 20lbs from me, after that I jes stuck with it. Counting calories maybe a hassle but the 2 hrs I spend on that app daily is the 2 days that extended my life expectancy!!!
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 9, 2013 8:06am
via Android

This is a good post. Very motivating.

Thanks.

10 Apr
Thnx and your welcome
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 9, 2013 5:31pm
via Android

I believe when you put ur mind to anything you want to achieve in life it'll happen.  For me it wasn't just about losing weight but being healthy, and as you lose weight you start thinking about the things you put in your mouth.
Very inspirational post, n Congrats on being a healthier person!

10 Apr
Thnx and this is soooo true. I started off jes wanting to lose weight but thru the course of 7 months I've noticed that I've also been eating healthier, which has been gr8! Never thought I'd replace my candy fix with carrot sticks!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 8:42am
via iOS
You post is very motivational!! Congratulations!!!! I just made my mind to lose my unnecessary weights!!! And im wondering if you have any suggestions for beginners like me. I just started to exercise and all i've been doing was walking around my neighborhood.... Is this efficient?
12 Apr
I believe it to be efficient. I walk anywhere from 5-7 miles on weekdays and 2-3 miles on weekends. I burn most of my calories from walking. If you don't have a gym membership try doing the home work outs on SKIMBLE that use body weight, that's how I started out when I first got this app. I also use myfitnesspal app to watch my calorie intake. Hope this was informative.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51