FAQ : How to lose weight!?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 12:26am
via Android

With this post i wil make a 'simple' start on how to begin when you want to lose weight and lower the bodyfat. Since this question keeps repeating itself. I will focus on the diet. Diet is always key. Be ready to do alot of calculating....

Keep in mind we want to loose our fat not our dear muscle mass!

The start: calculate what your daily need of calories is. There are several ways to do this. Google this and DO IT. Without it all the rest will be guessing!

2: Now that we know how many calories we have to consume, we can look at our diet. Write down what you would eat on a regular day. Dont forget to include the drinks and snacks.

3: Calculate how many calories the regular day of eating is. Also list how many grams of protein, carbs and fat we consume.

4: We know now what we are doing wrong or good. Time to make it 'perfect'. Most likely you are wating too many carbs and too many fat and consuming too many calories. A other problem that can accur, you are eating way too less calories. Starving is never good ;).

5: In this step we are creating a diet with a deflict of 20% of our daily need. This will give us a healthy but steady weigtloss. What we are going to eat will be preferably consist of 40% proteins 40% carbs and 20% fat. You can switch this up a little but this should be the aim. These are the macro's you are eating. The grams will be different for everyone, the % stay the same.

6: This part will be alot of calculating again. Select what will come in your diet. This is the part that will be different for everyone and where my help kind of stops. Try to aim for foods you like and are healthy. If you dont like healthy food, bad luck start liking it.

Try to see what has to be replaced from your old diet. And even if it fits your macro's try to stay away from unhealthy food as much as possible. Its not that hard to find the food thats good and gives you high value proteins and/or carbs. Just measure out how much you need so it will fit your schedule.

Make a realistich schedule!!!!! Only put the food in that you are able to eat. Otherwise your diet will be nothing more than a piece of paper.

7: Workout. A combo of weight training and intense cardio would be the best way. The weight training will build muscle which highers the calories you burn during the day and it makes you look better. The cardio burns the fat and will improve your condition. Always important is to train hard and train smart.

This is a basic guideline about what steps you have to take when you want to lower your bodyfat!!!! Losing weight is not the goal, losing that fat is the goal. Specially ladies have a hard time coping with this :-).

Questions, flaming and all add ons and corrections can be put below.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 2:42am
via iOS
If u find out a way can u tell
Me because I would like to lose weight to 
13 Apr
You were clearly to lazy to read haha
13 Apr
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 3:17am
via iOS
Nope I got it now haha
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 5:58pm
via Android

Good job man nice information exactly what they needed to hear

Image_thumb
114 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 6:07pm
via iOS
That's pretty much the formula it took for me to lose it!  What I find is that many folks just want a quick fix, but it takes work & educated effort.  It takes discipline, but I have found that eating healthy foods and vigorous exercise now both energizes me and is enjoyable (more so than eating junk and being lazy).  Sorry for the "infomercial - like" response.  It really is not complicated, it just takes some effort!
14 Apr
Yes. Discipline is key. Hard work pays off
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 11:17pm
via Android

Shameless bump

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 10:12pm

This is all fine and dandy - good information, yes - but I cannot take anyone seriously who means to say LOSE but writes LOOSE when saying, "Lose Weight". 

Sorry, I am a Grammar Snob - LOL! 

15 Apr
Me too. I can't stand when grown ass adults can't spell! Or dey talk lyk dis u kno wat I meen! It makes it hard for me to take them seriously haha
15 Apr
Well i am not a native speaker. So sorry, doing my best. But sometimes these stupid mistakes slip just right pass me..
15 Apr
I wasn't referring to you when I commented on that lol, i guess that kinda came out like i was.. oops lol I was just talking about people who have poor grammar in general. You speak very nicely.. Guess it matches that bod haha
15 Apr
Hehe doesn't matter. Just a bit silly to comment on a mistake i made in the title (hate making those obvious ones) while i think this is one of the few topics here with worthwhile information on a question that many ppl like to see answered.
15 Apr
Very true! Good job :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 11:19pm
via iOS
But you can understand them anyway, it is not necessary to talk like the King of England to explain anything. English is not my mother language and it is quite annoying when some people correct you everytime that you open your mouth
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 11:28pm

As I said, I am being a grammar snob ;) 

16 Apr
Found the eddit function. Snobs gonna snob in some other post :-)
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 11:10pm
via Android

Hey Rappa, how u doing man.?? Can u please suggest me good protein supplement to built lean muscle mass.

17 Apr
Most proteinsuplements will do. Im not really an expert on brands since i always buy the same from a local store here.
17 Apr

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51