Sushi???

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 7:54am
via iOS
There is one thing I've never been sure about...........

Is sushi good for you???

I have always loved sushi and ate sushi when choosing a healthy meal. I feel as if the filling of the sushi is mainly healthy, but is it ok eating the rice? It is white rice we are talking about!

And I'm trying to loose weight so I have started doubting my healthy eating habits

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 9:45am
via iOS
Its fine. Just dont eat it to much since it do have a lot cals :)
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 10:59am
via iOS
Thanks
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 12:14pm
via iOS
It has a lot of sodium, too, so it may make you bloated. Try eating it with brown rice instead of white. 

Blessings!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 10:22pm

Sushi CAN be very healthy but it can also be very UNHEALTHY! It all depends on what you order. 

DITCH anything FRIED, BATTERED, covering in MAYO or thick sauces... And ditch sugary sauces like Ponzu or Miso Glaze. 

While rice is okay, when ordering your rolls see if they have brown rice that you could sub in... Otherwise, order Sushi (fish over rice) and when eating, only eat 1/2 the rice under the fish... Or better yet, order sashimi - no rice, so delicious... Or order handrolls without rice, extra veggies and delicious fish! :) 

These days restaurants have the option to wrap your sushi roll in cucumber and ditch the rice completely - sometimes these are called "sashimi rolls" - they're very delicious and nice and light. However, the wrapping on sushi (nori) is very healthy for you, so it's really a toss up as to how you want to order!

Personally I adore sashimi, hand rolls without rice and I order this appetizer dish called a Hamachi Kama, which is the neck of a Hamachi! SO amazing and full of healthy fat! 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51